BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a CPO 650i and on day of delivery they changed oil & filter & flushed brake fluid.
They forgot to reset the service indicator and it is now calling for an oil change in 600 miles and brake flush in 2 months. Is it a big deal to have indicator reset, will I have to wait all day at dealership? I plan to take it to a local BMW service center since I bought car further away from home. Will they give me a hard time about it at different service center that I did not buy car from?

·
Registered
293 Posts
They did exact same thing to mine and I didn't have time to go to the dealer yet.
Was it a quick fix for you?

Also, if anyone else is reading this, is there a way to do it yourself with some weird iDrive manipulations?

·
Instructor of the Stig™
7,236 Posts
We actually carry PEAKE Scan tools...

With Peake Scan tools.

These scanners read all of the BMW codes for models with the OBD-2 port under the dash.

Th big benefit of Peake tools is the ability to reset the oil service & Inspection lights with just a push of the button.

The FCX-3-16 includes a built in cable that is designed for the late model BMWs.

Offers the following features
Available for most BMWs built between 2001-2007
Includes Diesel Models .
Displays all BMW-factory engine fault codes; allowing you to do your own engine diagnostic! A big step UP from "generic" code readers.
Resets the Engine light (AKA "Check Engine" or "Service Engine Soon")
Resets the Oil service and Inspection I & II lights, and service mileage indicator
Very easy to use
Includes instruction manual and code chart
Includes protective storage case.

Click HERE to order or for more information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts