Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Be a race car Daddy!
2016 340i M-Sport
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've read the manual, but I can't find an answer to this.

I recently had my car in for the first Oil Service. Odometer as at approximately 14,400.

Upon return of the vehicle, the service indicator showed 15,500 as the next service. I thought it should have stated 15,000. Does the computer just tack on the remaining balance onto 15,000 or does the service technician manually control the number upon reset?

Thanks in advance!

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
FWIW, I remember when I picked up my car brand new (with 5 miles on the odometer) it said 15,500 till next service.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just had my first service done at 12,600. my insp 1 said 15,500 on the obc. That must be the reset milege

·
Registered
889 Posts
Does anyone know of a DIY on how to do the reset yourself?

Just thinking ahead to when I will be changing the oil myself after the warranty runs out. I don't like paying someone to something that I can easily do myself.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Zaphod said:
Does anyone know of a DIY on how to do the reset yourself?

Just thinking ahead to when I will be changing the oil myself after the warranty runs out. I don't like paying someone to something that I can easily do myself.
If you plan on doing ANY DIY projects on your car I highly recommend buying the Bentley's manual. It also tells you how to reset the service interval indicator by using a combination of buttons on your dash.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Thanks Hack!! :thumb:

Where is the best place to get the Bentley's manual? Is it pricey?

TIA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts