Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a 2016 228i CPO with 27K miles. Great car !
Regular warranty till 4/20 and CPO till 4/21. I think without looking in the folder.
At the sale time I was not really informed that I had to pay for the maintenance for the remaining portion of the regular warranty. (I should have known this but it was a bit of a impulse purchase).
Service is due and dealer wants $700 for maintenance program 0202 refresh 48mths / 50K miles maintenance till end of regular warranty.

Any dealers discounting this cost ?

Thanks,

Doug

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
a 2016 bmw should have full maintenance for 4/50k from original in service date.

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
a 2016 bmw should have full maintenance for 4/50k from original in service date.
I dont believe that counts if OP was not original purchaser, and since OP mentions "CPO" op likely bought car used. I dont think it was automatically transferrable without paying a fee even in 2016 but a dealer would have to confirm.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CPO certification 8/8/18

And I purchased it used 8/10/18.
I think it won’t have maintenance per some CPO change without paying for it.
BMW putting more of the cost of ownership at the backend.
“Easy to get into it, but higher cost of ownership”.
Not really explained as it’s thrown it with the extended warranty pressure to buy when you finally get to the paper signing aspect of the purchase.
I’ve bought many a CPO BMW and always had maintenance till 48/50k.

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
and i purchased it used 8/10/18.
I think it won’t have maintenance per some cpo change without paying for it.
Bmw putting more of the cost of ownership at the backend.
“easy to get into it, but higher cost of ownership”.
Not really explained as it’s thrown it with the extended warranty pressure to buy when you finally get to the paper signing aspect of the purchase.
I’ve bought many a cpo bmw and always had maintenance till 48/50k.
pm me your last 7 of the vin and i can look up exactly what you have.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,811 Posts
What 'service is due'??

Can you figure out how to get a BMW serviced at someplace other than a BMW dealer? If you can't, then maybe the MP **is** a good option. Also recognize that the old "all maintennace is included in the MP days" are over...they now split out brakes as a separate item. Make sure you understand this....

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
What 'service is due'??

Can you figure out how to get a BMW serviced at someplace other than a BMW dealer? If you can't, then maybe the MP **is** a good option. Also recognize that the old "all maintennace is included in the MP days" are over...they now split out brakes as a separate item. Make sure you understand this....
As his car is a 2016, the MP included is the 4 yr / 50k with the old services. If that gets "refreshed," brakes and wipers will be included.

And for all following along at home, the $700 refresh is BMWs retail price; it's not a marked up by dealer, retail price. There is a little profit in there, but they are charging it "at list."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts