BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to hook up a digital thermostat, and I cant figure out how to get the 24V power wire.

And has anyone ever replaced the inside air handler unit? I got a new condenser unit or fan thing outside, but inside is so old. I was considering just replacing it and moving it to a new location in the townhome.

Anyways, I was curious if anyone has been down that road yet. I dont have time to work on the coupe. It just whiles away the time on jack stands waiting on my attentions... Too much work to do on the house.

·
Im here
4,825 Posts
First off, if its a trane then this does not apply, trane uses a odd system and you have to use a trane T stat , Your 24v come off the transformer that is in the airhandler and goes to the contacter on the outside unit, if you short the 24v wires even for a second, the transformer will blow

·
1,421 Posts
01silber said:
First off, if its a trane then this does not apply, trane uses a odd system and you have to use a trane T stat , Your 24v come off the transformer that is in the airhandler and goes to the contacter on the outside unit, if you short the 24v wires even for a second, the transformer will blow
:eek: :confused:

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont have a trane system. THat being said, I dont know what system I do have.

So I am basically going to blow it up. Figures with my luck.

This is harder than the two 3 way switches in my bathroom...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts