BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going through the owners manual and noticed a lot of different settings that are factory set, and just after the explanation of whatever it is you're reading about, it says at the bottom, "if you wish, you can have this special feature deactivated....." or "You can have your vehicle set to do this if you wish". It tells you that you could have the feature adjusted, but shows nowhere how to do it. For instance, programming the turn signals to flash 3 times(instead of holding it while changing lanes), or "touch signaling". Under that, it says "If you wish, you can have this function activated". HOW????
Do I need to bring my car in to BMW to have them adjust these settings?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Shoof said:
I was going through the owners manual and noticed a lot of different settings that are factory set, and just after the explanation of whatever it is you're reading about, it says at the bottom, "if you wish, you can have this special feature deactivated....." or "You can have your vehicle set to do this if you wish". It tells you that you could have the feature adjusted, but shows nowhere how to do it. For instance, programming the turn signals to flash 3 times(instead of holding it while changing lanes), or "touch signaling". Under that, it says "If you wish, you can have this function activated". HOW????
Do I need to bring my car in to BMW to have them adjust these settings?
Yes, most all personalization features like this need to be programed by the dealer. When you take delivery, they will adjust all these things for free. After that, they will want to get paid. Your salesperson can often have the fee waived if you have them programmed after delivery.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's even more interesting is that some just say that the setting can be adjusted if I wish, while some say the setting can be adjusted at a BMW SAV Center.

Is there a tool that can be found anywhere that we can make these adjustments without having to go into service for it?

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Shoof said:
What's even more interesting is that some just say that the setting can be adjusted if I wish, while some say the setting can be adjusted at a BMW SAV Center.

Is there a tool that can be found anywhere that we can make these adjustments without having to go into service for it?
I'm pretty sure its a trip to the dealer, since we dont have iDrive. My dealer doesnt charge for any key memory adjustments, period. I think it should be covered under the maintenance plan, but I guess some dealers nickel and dime their customers. It sounds like a trip to the dealer isnt the most convenient for you, so just have them do it at the next oil service or whatever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts