BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Manheim Dealer Auctions

3476 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  doctordl
Im going to be going to the manheim dealer auction in about a month with a dealer. how do they work?
how much info do you know about the car beforehand? im assuming that you cant get it inspected and have to trust that its running well, but how do you know?

also, how much cheaper is it at these auctions? Im looking to get an 02 or 03 330i.

if anyone could help that would be great.
1 - 1 of 13 Posts
I bought my car in their PA site. I guess that is where you are going. If you are looking for a 330i, than you can get it from the BMWFS line, or the private dealers line. About 60 lines in PA.

If you get a car from BMWFS and there is a mis-representation about the car, you have 6 months to return it. (!!). Unless it says "AS IS".

If the description says "unibody" stay away. The chassis is damaged.

Don't make eye contact with the auctioneer... Or you'll be buying the car you didn't bid upon... It happened to me and he got pissed off... :rofl:

Pay close attention to cars sold before your car, so you learn what is going on.

Bottom line - it's a zoo out there.

Make a desicion ahead of time how much you are willing to spend. You will have no time to think when the car you want is up.

And good luck! :)
1 - 1 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.