Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me first start by saying I learned my lesson just before it was too late that one really needs to look up torque specifications. For the record, no more than 8.8 nm with a water pump . :p

So I'm either ordering the Bentley manual, or subscribing to Chilton's online. Apparently BMW wont allow AllData to publish their info. I really do prefer an online searchable database to a hard bound book that requires I set up an altar in front of my car and preach from a book while waving a 3/8 socket wrench.

Which one do you use? Is there a BMW specific service for DIY'ers that I haven't found yet? After replacing the oil housing gasket, water pump, pulleys, fan & clutch, reservoir, and tranny therm, I'm thinking a book might not be a bad idea for the future :thumbup:

...oh and adding an amp, sub, and Polk components was no fun either. After reading several wrong wiring diagrams I just started ripping door panels off to find the colors. It actually worked out to be faster. BTW, BMW audio blows. I'd rather velcro a boom box to the dashboard than keep a stock system.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Bentley manual has always been my go-to. It is a massive and heavy book, but I usually make a copy of the pages I will need for a job and take those into the garage, so I'm not fumbling with the book, or getting the pages greasy.

I haven't used Chilton Online so I can't speak to it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts