BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Manual Convertible Top

2855 5
Does any 1 know a site or can tell me how to drop the top on my 1990 325I convertible.. The car was inherited without any manuals, even the diagram on the drivers side sun visor is gone. ( I understand that this is where directions for lowering the top were). Ive gotten as far as undoing the latches near the sun visors. Started to partially fold the top, pulled the handle on the left side of the rear passenger seat. I hear a click but the cap does not come up so I can fold the top into i ts compartment. Is there a step Im missing?? I even tried doing it with all the windows down.. HELP !!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
ok this is what you do. unlock the top from the windshield, you should a a little handle on the drivers side in the back, to get to this handle you have to lift the back of the top, you should here a click, manually lift this lid, while holding it up, reach between the lid and the car, on the drivers side, you will feel a latch, this latch moves front to back, after you move this latch, the lid will come up, this is where the top is stored. be careful when you store the top, you will see where you have to push the material towards the back of the car, if you don't do this it will not fit. if you have any problems just email me. good luck
:hi: Welcome to Bimmerfest!!

Did you get your top down?

--J.
xxzozo said:
Does any 1 know a site or can tell me how to drop the top on my 1990 325I convertible.. The car was inherited without any manuals, even the diagram on the drivers side sun visor is gone. ( I understand that this is where directions for lowering the top were). Ive gotten as far as undoing the latches near the sun visors. Started to partially fold the top, pulled the handle on the left side of the rear passenger seat. I hear a click but the cap does not come up so I can fold the top into i ts compartment. Is there a step Im missing?? I even tried doing it with all the windows down.. HELP !!
Waitin

Thank You for the welcome !! The weather here in NY has been terrible. Waiting for a nice day to try and get the top down. Thanx
Thank You.

Thanx ken.. Soon as I get a nice day Ill try it the way you said.. ill keep you posted.
Bmw

i have a bmw325i and i pressed the manual button in the truck for electrical failure i didnt know it was and my cover wont open now can u help me :) :) :) :)
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.