BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2003 330xi and One of my FOB keys is dead. I tried to unlock the car manually but the key does not catch anything and will only unlock remotely. The central lock in the middle console still locks all doors so I don't think its a Module problem, but I'm no expert. Any ideas?

· catso
3,181 Posts
The key cylinder is probably broken. You can buy repair kits on Fleabay for less than $20, but some ship from Turkey and take about 2-3 weeks. Do a search for "lock cylinder" and you'll find a comprehensive thread we did on this about a year and a half ago. It includes a reassembly diagram that's very useful. Your other option is to get another cylinder from the stealer; cost about $100 and you'll probably need a title or some proof of ownership to buy it.

· Registered
707 Posts
I've got a 2003 330xi and One of my FOB keys is dead. I tried to unlock the car manually but the key does not catch anything and will only unlock remotely. The central lock in the middle console still locks all doors so I don't think its a Module problem, but I'm no expert. Any ideas?
The other option is to buy a new lock cylinder from the dealer. It should be $100-140 or so depending on how much markup the dealer put on their parts. Instructions for removing -> www.bmwgm5.com/lock_cylinder.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.