BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know BMWFS new finance rates for March?

I'm looking to purchase a 2011 BMW 335i via BMW Select.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
They should be available in the dealer section by the end of the week would be my guess.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was told that there is a conference call tomorrow @ 1pm MST in which the dealers themselves are getting the pricing. Probably show up on the website shortly thereafter.

·
Flying monkey herder
8,166 Posts
I was told that there is a conference call tomorrow @ 1pm MST in which the dealers themselves are getting the pricing. Probably show up on the website shortly thereafter.
i believe you are correct sir. :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Only specials for 2010 models which is what I figured. They are horrible deals unless you planned on financing for 24 months!! I am glad I pulled the trigger and ordered my 328xi when the 2.9% 60 month promotion was running. Dealer told me I have 60 days till program ends (ended 3/1, so 5/1) to pick up delivery of my car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks like the new rates are up on the BMW US site. 3 series are at .9% with $2,500 spring drive credit.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Looks like the new rates are up on the BMW US site. 3 series are at .9% with $2,500 spring drive credit.
That's for 2010 only, OP was looking for 2011 rates.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Only specials for 2010 models which is what I figured. They are horrible deals unless you planned on financing for 24 months!! I am glad I pulled the trigger and ordered my 328xi when the 2.9% 60 month promotion was running. Dealer told me I have 60 days till program ends (ended 3/1, so 5/1) to pick up delivery of my car.
Just out of curiosity, what is the current rate for a 3 series if financing for more than 24 months?

·
Registered
104 Posts
March rates???

I have a 2011 335is vert on order for ED in May. Just got an email from my center. BMWFS quote for a 3 yr 15K/yr lease with a drive off of 2500 is MF.0029 residual is 52%. Sounds terrible to me. I may walk from the deal and look for a similarly loaded 2010 that may be floating around. The numbers are much better it appears for 2010's or I may go to another brand. Doesn't BMW know that there's a recession?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what is the current rate for a 3 series if financing for more than 24 months?
Good question. I got a call into my SA to ask. I am sure it's still 2.9 for 60 months, but I won't know for sure until I speak to him. I am sure they want to unload their 2010 inventory to make room for the 2011's. I don't believe they will be running any specials yet for 2011 models.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I have a 2011 335is vert on order for ED in May. Just got an email from my center. BMWFS quote for a 3 yr 15K/yr lease with a drive off of 2500 is MF.0029 residual is 52%. Sounds terrible to me. I may walk from the deal and look for a similarly loaded 2010 that may be floating around. The numbers are much better it appears for 2010's or I may go to another brand. Doesn't BMW know that there's a recession?
:yikes: Holy crap, I'm not sure I've ever seen a money factor that high with BMW? That's equivalent to 7%+ interest, and that's for people with A+ credit! And that's a pretty low residual! That car will run over $1000 per month. :yikes: :yikes:

<----- Starting to crunch S4 numbers, and god forbid the G37.

BMW deletes features, raises the price, and now kills the financing deals. I am not sure I understand the business strategy here?

Just because I can afford the constant screw job that BMW is delivering doesn't mean I'm going to. This is getting to the point that I would accept an inferior car out of principal, and I'm sure there are many others in the same boat.

·
Ultimate Driving Machine
2,208 Posts
:yikes: Holy crap, I'm not sure I've ever seen a money factor that high with BMW? That's equivalent to 7%+ interest, and that's for people with A+ credit! And that's a pretty low residual! That car will run over $1000 per month. :yikes: :yikes:

<----- Starting to crunch S4 numbers, and god forbid the G37.

BMW deletes features, raises the price, and now kills the financing deals. I am not sure I understand the business strategy here?

Just because I can afford the constant screw job that BMW is delivering doesn't mean I'm going to. This is getting to the point that I would accept an inferior car out of principal, and I'm sure there are many others in the same boat.
I don't think you'll find much better lease rates on an S4.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Wow! There goes diesel sales... So basically the price gap between a 335d and a 335i became HUGE (If you finance) with a crappy 4.9% on the 335d and $2500 off/0.9% on the 335i!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I don't think you'll find much better lease rates on an S4.
Are you kidding? The S4 has a .00116 money factor versus this new .00257 money factor on a 335i. That's several thousand $$ in interest difference over a 3 year lease.

Yes, the S4 has a poor residual value, but who cares? A lower residual just means you'll have equity at lease end and can sell it to a private party. Even with the S4's much lower residual, monthly payments are now very similar between an S4 and 335. Except with the 335 most of your payment is interest, and with the S4, it goes to equity!

These new BMW money factor rates translate to roughly 7% interest! That is absolutely insane.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yes, the S4 has a poor residual value, but who cares? A lower residual just means you'll have equity at lease end and can sell it to a private party. Even with the S4's much lower residual, monthly payments are now very similar between an S4 and 335. Except with the 335 most of your payment is interest, and with the S4, it goes to equity!
Are you assuming that the lessee buys out the car at lease end?

·
Flying monkey herder
8,166 Posts
i have a feeling that the 2011 rates are high because there are still 2010s on the ground that need to be cleared out.

once thats done, the rates will drop to normal.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i have a feeling that the 2011 rates are high because there are still 2010s on the ground that need to be cleared out.

once thats done, the rates will drop to normal.
+1

Now is the absolute worst time to buy a 2011. I am still waiting for my SA to call me back to find out the rates on a 60 month 2010 328xi now. I believe he can give me the 2.9% deal since I ordered the car in February.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts