Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a repair kit or better yet a step-by-step on rebuilding or repairing a leaking master cylinder, seems to be leaking at the flange where brake cylinder meets the "servo" unit at the firewall. I see it seems to be leaking at the small rectangular port underneath the cylinder...just started yesterday as a few drops. I assume there is a gasket or O-ring? Any input is MUCH appreciated.
(Trying to keep this black beauty running for my daughter...had it going on 3 years now with only some minor issues considering the milegage is at 204K)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Common problem and is most probably the "O" ring seals where the mc fits into the booster.

Go over to bimmerforums, e24 section. Explain you are new and explain your problem or do a search as there are several how to posts and also one of the fellows there sells a kit to do the repair.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MB cylinder O ring

Thanks, I dont see any info on repairing it but did find a couple kits on the web in the $50-60 range, pretty basic parts it seems. Will look around a bit more on the forums but that is probably the option other than expenive OEM parts.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Try big coupe.com also. Here is a friend of mine that has put the kits together

[email protected] The way it shows up is weird.it's.......jay(underscore)c(underscore)stratton at hotmail.com stratton as one word as I don't know why the site won't let me put this in correctly

You may want tho look around at the 2 forums I have mentioned as there is a bunch of knowledge floating around there. If Jay doesn't work for you let me know and I will put you on to someone else

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MC O-ring, etc

Thanks for the lead. I emailed him this AM and will see what he says. Hopefully I can get away with just a couple grommets and an O-ring but gotta pull it apart anyway.
chris

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I met Jay as he is only about 15 miles from me, and was VERY helpful. I bought a rebuilt booster from him, as after pulling if off, it was in sad shape, had been leaking from the pedal side also. The swap was easy once I figured out how to contort my body under the pedal assembly to remove the 4 nuts...also put on a rebuilt MC and bled the whole system, fluid was pretty bad. Stops better for sure! Thanks for the direction in finding Jay, I highly recommend him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts