BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
19,585 Miles
Joined
·
11,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for your research development financial support offer.
Thanks to Arslan for driving up from NJ with pieces parts. Doing this proved it could be done.
Thanks to Jay Lilley for the parts support.

This works with the HK BMW (i-bus) Traffic Pro. Haven't tried it on a BMW CD head unit yet.
The volume switch controls the volume level for the radio, CD and navigation.
The selection switch controls the radio and CD selection.

On up to 4/99 Z3's this is basically plug and play if you purchase the right parts.
On a from 4/99 it is doable using the same parts modified. Have other parts coming to see if we can make the from 4/99 basically plug and play.
For now, on my coupe, I did some creative wiring.

To do this you need both the left and right switches. The right switch doesn't work on our cars. I think it can be made to, but that's another project.
I modified the stock right holder to accommodate the right switch so it doesn't look like there is a switch there.

 

·
Registered ABUSER!
Joined
·
362 Posts
Glad it all worked out. Another new toy for HC05 :)

Next project...gather more parts for the "other" thing :confused:
 

·
Im here
Joined
·
4,825 Posts
awesome:):):)
Glad you were able to make it work, Let me know when you get the stuff in and ready for the 4/99up :) Im ready to do mine when you give the word :thumbup:
Also let me know when to send the bounty
damn now im wanting it bad :)
 

·
Im here
Joined
·
4,825 Posts
alpina22 said:
Glad it all worked out. Another new toy for HC05 :)

Next project...gather more parts for the "other" thing :confused:
Arslan, what is your address and what time to you go to bed>?? I assume you leave it unlocked :p
 

·
Registered ABUSER!
Joined
·
362 Posts
01silber said:
Arslan, what is your address and what time to you go to bed>?? I assume you leave it unlocked :p
LOL :rofl:
Ron and I are on a mission to dispell any myths about what "cannot be done."
 

·
Im here
Joined
·
4,825 Posts
for the 4/99 up model, on a scale of 1 to 10 as far as difficulty doing it what would you give it?
Just curious as to the job ahead of me
thanks again guys I cant wait:):)
 

·
The Anti-Rice
Joined
·
5,394 Posts
Well, I had the buttons working with a small RF transmitter. But I still cant get the damn things to control the HK TP. Someone needs to get on that job of making the HK accept remote controls...

Maybe a buzz kit or something.
 

·
Registered ABUSER!
Joined
·
362 Posts
Mpire said:
Someone needs to get on that job of making the HK accept remote controls...
Maybe a buzz kit or something.
Sounds like an idea you should run with.
 

·
The Anti-Rice
Joined
·
5,394 Posts
Well, I will get right on that when I get the Townhome finished...

You have no idea how excited I am to have the new sink together with no leaks...
 

·
19,585 Miles
Joined
·
11,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mpire said:
Well, I had the buttons working with a small RF transmitter. But I still cant get the damn things to control the HK TP.
If the buttons don't do the desired functions, the buttons aren't working.

When are you going to send me your handles for modification?
 

·
Dragon Master of TEXAS!
Joined
·
876 Posts
Never even knew about the button option (m)

on that type of steering wheel, makes me want to switch back to my stock wheel and do the mod. mmmmm.
 

·
The Anti-Rice
Joined
·
5,394 Posts
Ron Stygar said:
If the buttons don't do the desired functions, the buttons aren't working.

When are you going to send me your handles for modification?
No, not true. The buttons work. Currently I have them set up to change songs on the MP3 player. But they do not interface with the HK or the car in any way. I guess its kinda pointless at this point, but I wanted to do something with them.

Has anyone figured out the bus for the non BMW HK?
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top