Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was going to wait until I actually had the magazine in my hands, but since my Dad emailed me last night saying he saw my car in Performance BMW, I couldn't wait to tell you guys.

My car is featured in the magazine, but I haven't seen it, don't know how long it is, nothing. I'm still waiting for the five issues that the editor mailed to get here from England (this was three weeks ago). :bawling:

I was hoping someone here either has a subscription to Performance BMW or has a bookstore that carries it. I have been unable to find any bookstore (Barnes & Noble, Boarders, etc.) that carries it in Buffalo.

If you do, could you scan it and email it to me, or better yet, post it here?

Thanks guys! :D

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
windsor318is said:
he he patience pete, patience. did you send them new pics of your car with the rims on it to add to the feature?
Chris brought me three issues yesterday so I at least got a chance to check out the article. It was really cool but also really different seeing my car in a magazine.

Yeah I did send them pics but it was already too late to add them. They did make mention to the fact that I upgraded the tires but at the time, I didn't know what I was going to get.

·
Super Moderator
11,052 Posts
Damn, I bought an extra copy today just in case you didn't get it. :D Lemme scan the article.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
:bigpimp: :str8pimpi :smokin: :fruit: :supdude: :banana:

Ack Rules :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Congrats on the article Ack! :bow:

Anyone have a :claphands: smilie?

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn Al, that was quick! Thanks for posting the article. :thumbup: It still is amazing to me that the car actually made it into a magazine. Greg (the editor who did the interview) was a really great guy. I ended up talking to him for about 1.5 hours about the car and then about his job and life in England. He was flown in by the people who put the First Episode together to cover the event. I met Randy (one of the creators of The First Episode and a moderator at maxbimmer.com) at Bimmercruise and he was the one who told Greg about my car and that they needed to check it out. I guess I just got lucky being one of the first BMW's to pull into the show for setup.

Now if I can just get my car into an audio magazine where there is a bigger viewing audience, I might be able to find a sponsor or something. :rolleyes: The problem with this is that even though I put the system together for both sound quality and looks, I'm not into the actual audio competitions for testing db's and spl.

Thanks again Al!!

·
Super Moderator
11,052 Posts
Your car looks AWESOME. :thumbup: Probably the best looking car in the magazine too... some of those body kits on the other featured cars are pretty bad. :eeps:

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
alee said:
Your car looks AWESOME. :thumbup: Probably the best looking car in the magazine too... some of those body kits on the other featured cars are pretty bad. :eeps:
Al, thanks again for the compliments. If there was a blush smilie, I would be using it right now.

Yeah, some of the other cars were too much for me also. It seems like more and more cars are going that route. I like the stock exterior look with the addition of rims.

Thanks Cliff! :D

·
-The Mouth-
861 Posts
Pete CONGRATS!!!!
this car BELONGS in many more mags
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
Nice car Ack--- Must be cool to see your car in a magazine. Alee- did you see the swipe at the M68s in one of the captions "Fortunately, the M68s will be replaced soon"....:yikes: :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts