BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My warranty just ran out in May (I bought my car used last year when it was still covered). I took into VOB for a full check up before it ran out and was given an all-clear. Then in June, jsut as I was no longer covered, my "service engine soon" light went on. First, does that alwasy happen so they can get the $115 that it takes to even diagnose what's wrong through the computer? I mean a month before it was fine, now something's up?

Second, can I avoid the dealership (VOB) and go to an independent shop?

Third, if I can, would any of you have a shop you'd recommend going to that's good and wouldn't rip me off?

If not, any other dealership that's better than VOB Rockville?

Thanks!

·
Retired and happy
488 Posts
Here's a suggestion

Yes, you can take your BMW to an independent service shop. One of the good ones in the Rockville, Maryland area is BMW Excluservice on Parklawn--about a mile from VOB. From my own experience they will perform much better service than you will get from VOB at less cost.

I currently have 3 BMWs that are out of warranty and take all 3 there for my service. I have used them since 1992 without any real problems.

To make an appointment for service call 301 231-5400 and ask for Matt or Stefan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts