Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I leased my B7 for 3 years and the lease ended in August. Other then the wheels and tires (17 blowouts /flats) the car was flawless and I hated to turn it in. The residual was $86,000 which I wasn't about to pay. I called BMW finance to offer them $65,000, which they flatly refused. So back it went.

Three weeks ago, I was looking on line for a late model Escalde. There was a nice one on a local exotic used car dealer's website. I am looking through his inventory and I noticed a silver B7 with a tan interior. In a picture of the rear entertainment center was a picture of a bugs bunny DVD running (I left my sons Bugs Bunny in the car when i turned it in, ok, maybe it was mine). I checked the Vin to be sure, and it was indeed my old car. The best was he was asking $58,000. My wife told me I had to go buy it back as it was meant to be; who finds their old car on line by accident. So I bought it for $56,000, $30,000 less then BM want for it.

I guess the B7 was pissed I didn't keep it to begin with cuz on the way home from the dealer, I hit another pothole and blew out tire number 18. :rofl:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Great story. I wonder how often someone buys one if these cars back after a lease.

·
German Car Enthusiast
272 Posts
That is a great story! Glad you saved all that cash too. Blowouts are part of the deal I guess...

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Welcome back LIRacer. Congrats on your reunion with the ride. The lease residuals on BMWs are usually fairly inflated. Helps keep the lease rates low, though, so I'm not complaining.

·
Registered
12,020 Posts
Nice story!!!:thumbup:

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
And you did it in style! Welcome back!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I leased my B7 for 3 years and the lease ended in August. Other then the wheels and tires (17 blowouts /flats) the car was flawless and I hated to turn it in. The residual was $86,000 which I wasn't about to pay. I called BMW finance to offer them $65,000, which they flatly refused. So back it went.

Three weeks ago, I was looking on line for a late model Escalde. There was a nice one on a local exotic used car dealer's website. I am looking through his inventory and I noticed a silver B7 with a tan interior. In a picture of the rear entertainment center was a picture of a bugs bunny DVD running (I left my sons Bugs Bunny in the car when i turned it in, ok, maybe it was mine). I checked the Vin to be sure, and it was indeed my old car. The best was he was asking $58,000. My wife told me I had to go buy it back as it was meant to be; who finds their old car on line by accident. So I bought it for $56,000, $30,000 less then BM want for it.

I guess the B7 was pissed I didn't keep it to begin with cuz on the way home from the dealer, I hit another pothole and blew out tire number 18. :rofl:
looking at an escalde??? wtf is wrong with you, but you made the right call

·
AT LAW
420 Posts

·
Crazy Wheels
674 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Is there really that much room in these cars that BMW wouldn't take $65k and they instead ended up taking much less than that? Doesn't seem like any leasing company could stay in business very long with this kind of example.

Good for you though - sounds like an excellent deal in the end.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Awesome story! Sorry about the blowout, used to happen to me all the time when I was running 21s on my e65 but at least we had spares in those cars! And the Escalade...um...hey, whatever floats your boat!

·
Wannaride
68 Posts
17 blowouts in 3 years? Yikes! Between that, the Drivetrain Failure Club and a few other threads I'm really wondering if I should have ditched MB. Did you get a warranty on the B7? May the Mechanical Gods watch over you!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Congrats for the re-Union! That's great that you got it lower price as well. Makes you wonder what BMW got when that car went to auction.

·
whughes
2,026 Posts
obviously you suffered some sort of mental break down(loss of a B&?)that caused you to look for an escalade! Glad the B7 was able to cure your mental issues, welcome back!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Love when things are meant to be! Especially in a story like that!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hey, I remember you! Your car was the one that made me pick silver! Welcome back! Things have changed alot since you left. We all learned that the V8's have serious issues. Not sure about the B7's but beautiful car you have there.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Interesting story. Congrats on getting your car back! :rofl:

And can someone tell me what is wrong with an Escalade? I drove my late model Escalade for 200k and it only went to the dealer for a repair once.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts