BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
  • BimmerFest Mobile App is now available on iOS & Android, Learn More

Meguiar's #34 Final Inspection

1439 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Chipster
Anyone use this product? When is the car TOO DIRTY to use this stray? Will its cause scratches if the car is too dirty? Thanks.

Ed
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
My philosophy on dirt: If its dirty even slighty(not "dusty" but "dirty") I wash it first. Why risk imbedding swirl marks with any product and cloth? The product itself may not cause swirls, but the application and removal certainly will if you have a dirty car.

Now, I *have* used a detail spray after about 3-4 days of driving in good sunny weather, after using a California Duster on the finish first...but there was no "dirt" visible, and I was extremely cautious not to apply too much pressure with my cotton towelettes....

Washing takes so little time, better safe than sorry!
What Rip said about the amount of dirt:thumb:

As for FI, I've used it and liked the results but when comparing it to Speed Shine I prefer SS:) Seems to wipe off nicer and a little better shine IMO:D
PM 325xiT said:
What Rip said about the amount of dirt:thumb:

As for FI, I've used it and liked the results but when comparing it to Speed Shine I prefer SS:) Seems to wipe off nicer and a little better shine IMO:D
Ditto on the Speedshine. I used to use FI but found SS easier to work with.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.