BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mostly Reading
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, just picked up a Saab 9-5 (wife's car :dunno: , got $9k off the sticker :thumbup: ) to complement the 325i, and decided to wax it for the first time. I have a lot of Meguiars products and they seem to work pretty good for the price. I applied their consumer line of Polymer Cleaner Wax on the black paint, let it haze and then removed. The problem is now the paint appears coudy and not deep black. Certain areas look like the wax it still there and I cannot remove them. It was getting late, so I applied some QD so see if it would take it off, and it seemed to work, but I couldn't tell for sure because it was so dark outside. Anyone have any experiences with this in Meguiars' line? Any recommendations to get the cloudy residue off? Recommendations on some wax for dark colors?

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
"Clouding" or "hazing" is a trait with some waxes. Simply spritzing it down with water, or detail spray, and wiping it down (cotton of MF towels) will cure it. Consider it a natural phenomenon with certain products. It harms nothing and is most noticeable with dark colors.

·
Mostly Reading
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ripsnort said:
"Clouding" or "hazing" is a trait with some waxes. Simply spritzing it down with water, or detail spray, and wiping it down (cotton of MF towels) will cure it. Consider it a natural phenomenon with certain products. It harms nothing and is most noticeable with dark colors.
Whew, thanks!:)

·
Registered
480 Posts
German paints are for some chemical reason do not like Polymer based waxes. This reaction is what gave you that hazing. It doesn't harm anything , just a pain in the ass when you just cleaned and waxed your car. This was one of the reason I switched to Zymol wax which is a Carnuba (natural) based wax.

Only spritzing or spraying down your car will help with the cloudiness.

·
Hated by hater haters
1,652 Posts
I get a bit of cloudiness on my hood after waxing with Zymol cleaner wax (Sapphire Black 530i). I probably get it because I use too much wax.

All it takes it's a water spritzer and wiping with a microfiber towel to get a resulting even polish.

I've ordered the 3-step Zymol starter kit: Clear, HD Cleanse, Carbon (37% carnuba). I'll see how that works in a couple weeks.

I know a lot of people prefer Zaino, but I like Zymol, and it beads like crazy in the rain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.