BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Meguiar's Quick detail WITHOUT USING WATER! Before & after pix...

So after our first rain of the year in Southern California, I had a chance to do a quick 10 minute detail on the car before I drove it off for Turkey day...

Since most California counties are on water conservation notice, I thought I should be able to do a quick detail to recover the wax underneath without using any water!

I learned this technique called "Waterless wash & detail" from the 2003 X5 Westfest detail workshop, hosted by Crevier BMW, Dinan, Meguiars, X5Monkey, etc...

Here is how I was able to do my part in saving water for California:

BEFORE - after rains & road spray was on my car overnight - Meguiars Quik Detailer spray can from any automotive store - good for 3 -4 waterless details:

:confused:

AFTER - quick wipedown with a soft cloth, then a second quick wipe with a microfiber towel:

AFTER - rear of car with my new Blackline lights:

Tada! No water was used and was the quickest way to recover that wax underneath without leaving scratches!:thumbup:

NOTE: This can not be done on cars that have dirt & crud accumulated past 1 or 2 days since your last wash. It's only meant to remove the top light surface dirt. The wax underneath is restored using this quick method...

Love the Meguiars products!!

My bike rack needs some Meguiars!
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=167929&stc=1&d=1227819265

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Well that stuff did an amazing job, looks clean and shiney. Placing a can like that for a few secds to take a pic is really not a big deal, heck you could take your car to a shopping center and grandma could ding it so big deal about the can on the car. For most people it's a car not a "showcar".

I didn't know this stuff even existed, waterless shampoo for cars but how do you prevent scratching the paint with dirt and grit on your car when you go to wipe off the foam? duh, I missed you Note. This would help prolong regular washings, may have to check this stuff out.

Blackines look great big improvement over the stock ones.

·
Corner Carving Addict
3,276 Posts
I don't consider my car by any means a show car, I just care for it enough that I do my best to keep from getting any scratches on it. (not implying that the OP doesn't care)

It does look good though. :thumbup:

·
Worlds Foremost Authority
15,956 Posts
I have been using that stuff for years. First I get the loose dust off with a California Duster and then I use the quick detailer. I use the pump instead of the aerosol.

Meguiars makes a few versions of that product. There is Quick Detailer in a maroon plastic spary bottle, Final Inspection in a yellow plastic spray bottle, Synthetic Spray Detailer also in a yellow plastic spray botle and NXT Generation II Detailing Spray in a blue plastic spray bottle and Ultimate Quick Detailer in a black plastic spray bottle. I am not sure what the difference between the various products is.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
You guys are forgetting about the new ultimate quick detailer in the black bottle. It's better then any of the above pictured products. You spray it on and as you wipe it literally looks like the stuff just absorbs into the clear coat and dries completely streak free. I use it on the whole car, the glass, the wheels all of it. The shine, oh man don't get me started on how glossy it makes your paint and windows.

·
15,956 Posts
You guys are forgetting about the new ultimate quick detailer in the black bottle. It's better then any of the above pictured products. You spray it on and as you wipe it literally looks like the stuff just absorbs into the clear coat and dries completely streak free. I use it on the whole car, the glass, the wheels all of it. The shine, oh man don't get me started on how glossy it makes your paint and windows.
You're correct, I forgot that one. I edited my post to include it.

CA

·
Bad Lieutenant
6,358 Posts
Sorry, Bro, I'd rather just wash it with 2 buckets. I'm not the "wash in a can" trusting type.

·
15,956 Posts
Sorry, Bro, I'd rather just wash it with 2 buckets. I'm not the "wash in a can" trusting type.
I use the quick detailer after washing the car. It helps maintain the shine.

CA

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have been using that stuff for years. First I get the loose dust off with a California Duster and then I use the quick detailer. I use the pump instead of the aerosol.

Meguiars makes a few versions of that product. There is Quick Detailer in a maroon plastic spary bottle, Final Inspection in a yellow plastic spray bottle, Synthetic Spray Detailer also in a yellow plastic spray botle and NXT Generation II Detailing Spray in a blue plastic spray bottle and Ultimate Quick Detailer in a black plastic spray bottle. I am not sure what the difference between the various products is.

Wow, glad to know that there is another new line of the Detailer in the black bottle!

As for the yellow/putty colored containers, those are the "professional" line of car care that I use all the time - that Final Inspection does the trick in making your finish look wet & glossy !

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is that a 1-1/4" or 2" receiver hitch for that bike rack?
The hitch is a 1.25" class 1 and I have an adapter that takes it to 2" (Class 3) for taking my bike rack around. The adapter is not made to tow, but great for weight bearing items such as the bike rack, ski carriers, and platform.

Take a look at my other post and go down to the last message where you can see a closeup of the hitch adapter:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315373

1 - 12 of 12 Posts