BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No, not mine, but our Taxi Driver's.

We dropped off at Munich yesterday around 7:00 am. There looks like a long line of cars waiting to be transported. Anybody here recognize their cars?

We drove 1197 miles in 4 full days of ownership. Our final day consisted of :

Waking up in the middle of a street market in Luxembourg

Popping in on Belgium for a few miles.

Driving south to Nancy,France and having lunch.

And taking the fast route back to Munich. via Baden-Baden, Stuttgart and Ulm in the A8.

Not satisfied will all the driving, I decided to veer off and take the A7 south to Memmingen and then the A96. The A7 has some pretty good stretches where I was able to get to 150mph speed. On the A96, another E60(530d) was my wingman for about a 10 mile stretch where we hit speeds of 140mph. Lots of gas(2/5 of the tank) was burned on this detour but hey, its my last day with the car. My wife couldn't get a decent picture of the hi-speed runs. :cry:

On our last nite, we parked near Marienplatz, had dinner at Paulaner Im Tal and checked in at the Renaissance.

So, on 7:30 the next day, the taxi driver promptly picked us up from EHH and 10 miles from the Munich airport, the taxi began having transmission problems. We pull off the side of the road and for 20 mins, the taxi was shaking from all the fast cars whizzing by us. We get transferred over to the new taxi and our original taxi driver refused her payment, so our taxi ride only cost us 20 euros.

All in all, it was a great trip. I can't wait to do it again!

Now, the re-delivery waiting begins. :eeps:

·
Happy as a snapping clam
812 Posts
Jon said:
Wow Arn! Thanks for the post. Wish that I could've joined you guys...
:(
Love the pics. Pickup in five weeks for me :) . When my second wait begins :cry: , yours will be over. :thumbup:

·
Registered
340 Posts
arnolds said:
No, not mine, but our Taxi Driver's.

We dropped off at Munich yesterday around 7:00 am. There looks like a long line of cars waiting to be transported. Anybody here recognize their cars?

:eeps:
We dropped off at 9:30 pm on Sunday (yesterday) and you are right there was a long line all the ones in the pic plus others to the right. Is yours a titanium gray, because there were two parked there right next to each other, followed by an Olivine, next to which I parked mine and my friend PT's.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fq said:
We dropped off at 9:30 pm on Sunday (yesterday) and you are right there was a long line all the ones in the pic plus others to the right. Is yours a titanium gray, because there were two parked there right next to each other, followed by an Olivine, next to which I parked mine and my friend PT's.
Yeah, mine was the Titanium Gray next to the black 6 Series and the other Titanium gray is Agent99's.

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Here is another shot of the Harms' parking lot at around 11 AM, March 27, 2005.

:)

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts