BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys :)

I am a university student. My e30 worked fine for 2 years no problems, and water pump is dead. Mechanic told me that after i reported a high pitched squealing noise coming from the engine while driving, was about 30 meters from home. Engine started making all sorts of noise and it just died, luckily in a carpark of a swimming pool.

It started fine the next day but lasted all of 15 seconds. Mechanic reported it wouldn't start in the shop after bringing down from hoist.

long story short

he wants 1000 for repairs, I can't afford that anymore, did 600-1000 repiars twice now and I simply cannot afford it.

I am not sure if the engine has been permanently damaged, as I am concerned about the mechanic saying it would not start in the shop.

However I took the leap and bought a water pump as I cannot afford the mechanic fees (which would be pointless if it was dead) and I simply cannot afford to buy a new car. And I need a car to get around.

I have the pump with me now, I was hoping that someone else living in the Melbourne, Australia area could help me out and come over and help me install this thing. First time ever I have done any sort of work on a car.

I have no tools for BMW, and I unfortunately do not have a jack stand. Yes I know I am an idiot for not buying stuff for the 2 years the car was working.

If someone could please help me out I would really appreciate it, at my wits end now and unfortunately have to vacate my current house in 2 weeks.

Not trying to make a sob story but really could use a helping hand.

Thanks for reading this and hope you have a good weekend.

for those in melb, if you feel like helping my email is ket_s***ahoo.com. if you email me, expect a response within minutes and i will give you my number.

God Bless.

·
Registered
529 Posts
You should not need a Jack Stand as you will be working from the top of the motor and no special tools needed.
It is best to buy the Haynes manual (or the Bentley manual) for all maintenance issues....you can Google for PDF versions of these manuals which saves you having to buy one....you might actualy find some links to the manuals here on this forum.
The M20 motor you have is a bit complicated as the water pump runs off of the cam belt as far as I know....best to get hold of the Manual and hopefully someone nearby can give you a hand.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that would be nice Bill :) thanks for the kind words. i have downloaded the pdf for the bentley, bmw service , cant seem to find the haynes manual tho. just looking for pdfs coz low on cash atm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts