BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Resident Aggie
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my local Mercedes-Benz dealership today,to check out the new 2008 C-Class, and as I was waiting for it to arrive on the transport truck,I had a conversation with the sales manager, and in our conversation, he admitted to me that BMWs are better handling,better riding vehicles, and also the fact that they cost several thousand dollars less than MB. I was quite surprised to hear this,especially from a MB sales manager. About 10 minutes later,he received a call on his blackberry,telling him that the C-Class vehicles,have just now arrived at the PDC center in Jacksonville,and wont be in dealers until friday!
Yet another sign I should get a BMW!

xavier

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Not a competent salesperson. In a sales pitch, a good salesperson avoids commenting on competing brands or marques, in fact it's better not to even mention the name of the other brand at all.

·
Bimmer1
93 Posts
Heh, I tend to agree with you Alex. The main reason I avoid bringing up a competing marque is that quite often the client already owns or has owned the competing marque. I simply don't want them to feel like a fool or be offended when, while selling the BMW, they realize what a bad mistake they made on the competing marque. If they've never owned any Luxury car and are just starting their research, I welcome them driving the competitors brand, heck I'd even drive them to the dealership in our car!

As far as the Mercedes sales manager goes, I kind of feel bad that he has to compete with my cars. Well...not really :)

·
ZOMGHI2U
225 Posts
I think BMWs are generally sportier cars but I can't say one is better than the other. I suppose that depends on your taste and needs.

The new AMG C63 is going to be a monster. :eek:

·
"Clunker" *****
4,684 Posts
I was at my local Mercedes-Benz dealership today,to check out the new 2008 C-Class, and as I was waiting for it to arrive on the transport truck,I had a conversation with the sales manager, and in our conversation, he admitted to me that BMWs are better handling,better riding vehicles, and also the fact that they cost several thousand dollars less than MB. I was quite surprised to hear this,especially from a MB sales manager. About 10 minutes later,he received a call on his blackberry,telling him that the C-Class vehicles,have just now arrived at the PDC center in Jacksonville,and wont be in dealers until friday!
Yet another sign I should get a BMW!

xavier
I love my Bimmer, but it's hard to imagine what scenario would have led him to make a statement like that. Was he trying to get rid of you?

·
Blackpearl 330i, DF
101 Posts
I agree better with Alex

I love my Bimmer, but it's hard to imagine what scenario would have led him to make a statement like that. Was he trying to get rid of you?
This was not a good salesman. Wonder if he still keeps his job!:thumbdwn:

·
Banned
429 Posts
we got ours last night...its in the showroom today. C300 Sport...looks great from the front. can't drive it yet...but its here.

·
Registered
408 Posts
335i>non-crap class. Audi dealer tries to sell me an A4, when i was looking. When i mentioned BMW, she became resentful and made a point of bashing BMW. Bashing the competition? Maybe she had no real argument. or maybe,it was because i pulled to the front of the dealership in a 740il :dunno:

the 4 door 335xi has that o turn thing where park in a spot, crank the wheel one way, accelerate to do a circle, an u end end up in the EXACT same place. car was tight, fast. incredible

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
Is this one of those who has a bigger penis thread?

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Well DUH it's kind of a no-brainer. The 3 has always been, and will continue to be the tops in the compact luxury class. It's clearly obvious, kinda like a law of nature.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Was also at a BMW dealership recently, and a salesman told me that Mercedes-Benz vehicles have the lowest resale/trade-in value?

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
My dad was talking to my mechanic who's shop specializes in European auto care, and he was asking him between BMW and Mercedes which is better. He said he prefers BMW because lately Mercedes has been outsourcing a lot of their components, where as to BMW is 100% German.
Crazy stuff.
BMW outsources their stuff too. Like ALL of their transmissions. They use Getrag or ZF or GM. Many 3-series/X3/Z4 have the GM automatic transmission made in France

·
iL Viktor
429 Posts
BMW outsources their stuff too. Like ALL of their transmissions. They use Getrag or ZF or GM. Many 3-series/X3/Z4 have the GM automatic transmission made in France
yeah? I didn't know that either. I just bought my 92' 525i earlier this year. I wonder how much of that is outsourced. Well, either way, I'm happy with with it. Its my first BMW.
I'd really like to get me the 1999 735 like on the Transporter movie. Thats always been my favorite body style! But that won't be for a long time, or if I hit the lotto soon. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts