BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instead of my usual Ford Explorer rental I took out a Benz C240 for a business trip to Hamilton from Toronto (150 km's round trip). I have a 02 325xi and remember considering the Benz. Am I ever glad I didn't get the Benz. Its so sluggish; it felt like I was driving it with the hand brake on. The only positives were the interior with the wood which I think is nicer than the bimmer. I don't have wood interior. Also, I don't have the sport seats so the Classic's seats provided much more lateral support. My leatherette feels much nicer than the vinyl in the Benz which you could never mistake for leather. I liked the Benz's on board computer display better. It gives more info at a glance than the bmw. The Benz is quieter but the bimmer's engine is so much sporty and fun. Even when you floor the Benz it never sound louder than a whisper. I have the step and the Benz only had a straight auto. Maybe the C320 would be better but I recall that the 240's price was the same if not higher than the 325's. I'm going to take out the Benz convertible or SUV next time. Maybe the baby benz compares to the 320 but its definitely no match for the 325.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.