Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I dropped my car off for some stuff, oil change, new brakes, creaking, and will call about a recall.

There was a loaded 745i on the showroom floor. I love it! I must have sat in that car, walked around it for 15 minutes. I sat in the driver's seat adjusted the controls. The optional comfort seats are definatally the MOST comfortable chairs that I have ever sat in, the car is so wonderfully thought out, I love the vanity mirror in the center of the rear seat (which is very comfortable) Messing around with the knobs, A/C and the like, I realize just how great an idea this car is. The contols are in all the right places, easy to use without looking. I could reach for them from memory. I didn't know there was a hidden panel hiding a cd changer in the dash :yikes: This car had a gray interior with dark wood (like my car!) iDrive wasn't on in this car, but I have used it a few times. Much better than the NAV interface in our cars. It is so well thought out, I love it! One disappointing thing was that the A/C knobs didn't feel as solid as they should, not flimsy, but the feedback should be better; but everything else felt solid, the doors are HEAVY :dunno: As for the styling, I love the interior (except for the redish wood on some), and the eyebrows look odd from straight on unless they are smoked. The trunk is huge, btw :p An SMG 760Li might be the best car ever. Mine would be Topaz with Gray interior and dark wood :D

There was also a rather strange E46 (for a dealer) that was sitting on the showroom floor. A 2001 Manual trans. 330i SP, Electric (I think) Red, Sand Leather, NON-PP, Moonroof, HK, CD. I wonder why it was still on the showroom floor, strange day for the GSM, eh Jon? :p It shure did look good, except for the sand hi-gloss trim. I'd put black plastic in there.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,263 Posts
RE:

nate328Ci said:

There was also a rather strange E46 (for a dealer) that was sitting on the showroom floor. A 2001 Manual trans. 330i SP, Electric (I think) Red, Sand Leather, NON-PP, Moonroof, HK, CD. I wonder why it was still on the showroom floor, strange day for the GSM, eh Jon? :p It shure did look good, except for the sand hi-gloss trim. I'd put black plastic in there.
Bright Red with Sand?
Eewwww!

JUST KIDDING!!!

I love that combo...
:D

Attachments

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: RE:

Jon Shafer said:

Bright Red with Sand?
Eewwww!

JUST KIDDING!!!

I love that combo...
:D
This one had the nasty sand trim though :eek:

Otherwise, I liked it :D

There was also an E65 with OEM 20s! :yikes:

·
Registered
138 Posts
nate328Ci said:
iDrive wasn't on in this car, but I have used it a few times. Much better than the NAV interface in our cars. It is so well thought out, I love it!
I didn't think that any e65s were made without idrive? My dad's came with it and i think that while he's gotten used to it he's still not in love with it - plus voice controls don't really seem to understand his accent.:confused:

20,210 Posts
Re: Re: Messed around with the E65 at the dealer yesterday....

joes325xi said:

I didn't think that any e65s were made without idrive? My dad's came with it and i think that while he's gotten used to it he's still not in love with it - plus voice controls don't really seem to understand his accent.:confused:
They all come with iDrive, but it wasn't turned on

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Re: Messed around with the E65 at the dealer yesterday....

atyclb said:

They all come with iDrive, but it wasn't turned on
correct....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts