Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2004 545i about a month ago and it was barely the third day when a ticking noise came up out of the driver side behind the engine or on the side. I took it to a neighborhood mechanic and he said it should be fine. I go on vacation for 2 weeks and when i come back i try to address the issue. I add a oil detergent and get a oil change the next day. The noise is still there so i add some noise treatment after the oil change. After driving it around for about 2 days, with the noise still being there which follows the rpm under 2500 the car loses it. A increased emissions comes on idrive and i also get reduced power. Now the engine feels groggy when i engage the clutch and has low acceleration compared to when it still had the ticking but no reduction of power or increased emissions. The mechanic says he doest know what it is and im scared to take it to the dealer. I have an appointment with a bmw shop but they charge 100 dollars a diagnosis. Any help would be greatly appreciated . My coolant is also leaking but by the third time i topped it off it stopped. The car was also eating oil but i think it was because the guy who did the oil change before i did did not add enough. I topped it off then added the detergent

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The ticking was reduced slightly when the wheel was turned but comes back after a few seconds a bit quieter as well as when the ac is on but it does not eliminate the ticking. Temperature also does not affect it. The only lights that i get is the service engine soon as well as a increased emissions reduce engine load and one reduced engine power when the car started driving bad but that message/light never came back

1 - 2 of 2 Posts