BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I discovered a metallic noise when I driver over a speed bump or turn a little bit faster in a curve. My BMW X5 35d 2011 drives and brakes normal as it should.Even driving in a dip seems to work fine. I'm a little bit scared to be honest because the metallic sound is quite concerning to me and I was wondering if somebody discovered a similar issue with his vehicle?
The noise seems to come directly from the engine compartment and it feels like two metal parts are hitting each other. When I drive normal on the road I hear nothing and the car works fine. Today I had to stop quick and the noise happens again.

I would really appreciate any feedback that helps me to detect the root cause.

Thanks in advance!

Ps: I wasn't able to locate any loose parts under the hood.
:bigpimp:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,373 Posts
Check suspension parts, in particular thrust arm bushings and sway bar end links

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sorry for the late reply. But here is my updated on the metallic noise and I hope it helps other people who run into a similar situation. The root cause was actually the ton jack that is located on top of the spare tire. It hit the rim when I was truing sharp into corners. Adding some extra soft material between the two pieces fixed the issue. At the end I was happy that nothing was wrong on the front suspension.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts