BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,020 Posts
Has anyone heard of/seen/used mevotech autoparts? :dunno:
Are they any good? Some of their control arms and ball joints are dirty cheap :yikes:
As with anything, if it the price is "too good to be true"...it is "too good to be true", and you will be sorely disappointed... :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mevotech suspension parts are a price-fighter line primarily marketed to low-cost body shops and used car dealers by companies like CARQUEST, NAPA, and other aftermarket suppliers. Often you will fiind them in their private-labeled, price fighter lines. If you like your Bimmer, get Moog or OE. BTW, one of the above mentioned companies has access to WorldPac, an aftermarket supplier of OEM parts at often lower that OE prices. The entire front suspension except the sway bar is available from Moog.

·
Premium Member
8,020 Posts
It will fit, perhaps, but it is pure Ebay trash! Anytme a vendor does not list the manufacturer, it is because they are trying to hide something....match that with a low price like here, and you can be sure it is crap made in China or eastern europe. The are plenty of threads all over bimmerfest and bimmerforums of people with various models of BMW that have bought this junk and had to redo the entire job again, after 3 to 8 months.

Save yourselves the aggravation, and ONLY buy oem, that is you only assurance of quality. Most all online vendors sell oem parts, that are outside the BMW network....same parts, but not in the BMW box, and can save you up to 50% over dealer prices...sometimes more. For example, on the E39 540 most of the suspension parts are either Lemforder or Sachs/Boge. And the steering tie rods are all made by TRW.

·
Premium Member
8,020 Posts
just saying it might be better than mevotec
It is not. I just emailed the Ebay seller and confirmed that parts are made by "Hamburg Technic Germany". Don't let the "Germany" in their name fool you, the parts are made in eastern europe, not Germany, and are crap.

Just google search "Hamburg Technic" and you will find threads all over the internet with horror stories on the poor quality.

Unless you have prior experience with the product, best not to post up that stuff, lest you send some other person down that unfortunate road.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It will fit, perhaps, but it is pure Ebay trash! Anytme a vendor does not list the manufacturer, it is because they are trying to hide something....match that with a low price like here, and you can be sure it is crap made in China or eastern europe. The are plenty of threads all over bimmerfest and bimmerforums of people with various models of BMW that have bought this junk and had to redo the entire job again, after 3 to 8 months.

Save yourselves the aggravation, and ONLY buy oem, that is you only assurance of quality. Most all online vendors sell oem parts, that are outside the BMW network....same parts, but not in the BMW box, and can save you up to 50% over dealer prices...sometimes more. For example, on the E39 540 most of the suspension parts are either Lemforder or Sachs/Boge. And the steering tie rods are all made by TRW.
Whats wrong with eastern europe? Alot of products are acctualy made in eastern europe today. Its not where the stuff is made, its the engineering and materials.

·
aioros
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, the parts are for my XI. Here's the list and prices (rounded up):

from eactuning:
-sway bar end link (lemforder) $34 each
-CA brackets & bushings, which I will return 'cause I ordered the wrong ones $78

from autohausaz:
-tie rod ends (lemforder) $54
-CA bushings (sachs-boge) $66 (ordered in a separate date)

from car-stuff:
-control arms (lemforder) $199

I plan to do the same to my E39 though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.