Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use Meguiars and they work great but are small. I was thinking about trying Griots and then I saw the Waynestowels site and thought I'd ask if anyone uses them.

·
Registered
561 Posts
gr8330 said:
I use Meguiars and they work great but are small. I was thinking about trying Griots and then I saw the Waynestowels site and thought I'd ask if anyone uses them.
I use several of them. I especially like his glass towels and his waffle weave towels for drying.

I recently tested his "not-up-to standand" waffle weave towels that he has on sale and I find them to be the most versatile of all his towels. I have used them for drying, buffing and windows and they work great.

·
Any ride will do
17,472 Posts
The "val-u"-pack of yellow ones at Costco are pretty good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
today i just bought some MF towels at costco for 8.50, comes with 12. From the feel of them, they're pretty good, and for the price, cant beat that.

·
Casey!
17,654 Posts
I just ordered some from Autopia and they're fantastic!

·
Banned
9,903 Posts
The Roadstergal said:
The "val-u"-pack of yellow ones at Costco are pretty good.
Damn good. No better value out there.

Mine actually keep getting better each time a wash them. The 70 or so that I have do not lint any more, and are getting more absorbent with each wash.

I'll never go back to the pricey towels after using these. I can QD the car without swirls, just as one would expect with MF. :thumbup:

·
Banned
9,903 Posts
hockeynut said:
I just ordered some from Autopia and they're fantastic!
Autopia towels are excellent. If you can, though, you should give the COSTCO bargain towels a try so many of us have been raving about in the detail forum for close to a year. It will save you some major bank.

Honestly, I have a few Meguires and Griots towels, and can't tell the difference insofar as the gentleness and absorption properties are concerned. I don't even bother with my waffle-weave MF drying towels any more since I have so many of the cheapo COSTCO towels, I just use them for drying too.

<font size=0>
EDIT: Must have been really tired when I posted this. Bad typos that totally changed the meaning of what I wanted to say...
</font>

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
The Costco yellow towels are supposed to be "grippy" enough to remove wax (according to the packaging). I use towels with a smaller weave on the paint - but the yellow ones are GREAT for windows and interior cleaning. They also work very well inside the house for windows and dusting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts