BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 335xi with a muffler delete and i was wondering if it’s worth getting a stage 1 tune. The car is stock other than the muffler delete and i just wanted to get a basic stage 1 with soft and short burbles. I cant get a job until summer so i wouldn’t be able to get an intercooler or downpipes for a stage 2+ until probably july or some ****. I’m just looking for more excitement with my car. Has anyone had any problems with stage 1 tunes in regards to ignition coils, spark plugs, or turbo seals on a stock car?

·
Registered
2017 M2 and 2017 Mustang
2,576 Posts
I'm not going to tell you that it is mandatory to get new plugs before you put a tune on it, but the most common error you get after putting on a tune is a misfire error. I got it on my car after putting on a Stage 1 tune at only 26K miles on my car. I put in new plugs and all was better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not going to tell you that it is mandatory to get new plugs before you put a tune on it, but the most common error you get after putting on a tune is a misfire error. I got it on my car after putting on a Stage 1 tune at only 26K miles on my car. I put in new plugs and all was better.

just new plugs or ignition coils too?

·
Registered
2017 M2 and 2017 Mustang
2,576 Posts
I just needed plugs, but your case may be different based on how many miles your's have on them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts