BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm starting to consider changing my tires.

Since this site has great people sharing their experience, I've come to you for advice.

My 2004 BMW arrived with Michelin Pilot Sport's. My next set will be Michelin PS, but I am interested in knowing if anyone here put on Michelin Pilot Sport (PS2)? Any differences from the Pilot Sport to the Pilot Sport PS2? The price between the Pilot Sport and the PS2 are about the same.

·
San Jose, 2002 330cic
70 Posts
Like em

I originally had Conti Contact Sports and then Sport 2's. The third set are Michelin PS 2's. Compared to the Contis, which I thought were a great tire for the price, the PS 2's are quieter, less tramlining, smoother (yet, more responsive), and I could buy them at Costco for a great price. I do not track the car, but do drive hard at times. I give them four and a half stars!:rofl:

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
I went from the PS up to PS2s.

PS2s are far superior. They last 50% longer for me (on my 2nd set of PS2s now), were quieter/more comfortable, and have more overall grip.

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
Eduardo said:

Since this site has great people sharing their experience, I've come to you for advice.

My 2004 BMW arrived with Michelin Pilot Sport's. My next set will be Michelin PS, but I am interested in knowing if anyone here put on Michelin Pilot Sport (PS2)? Any differences from the Pilot Sport to the Pilot Sport PS2? The price between the Pilot Sport and the PS2 are about the same.
About the same: I replaced my OEM rear PS with PS2 at about 28K.

Could not tell much difference, really, between the two. Might be a little "cushier" but that also could be that the new tires had 8 mm of tread vs. 1.6 mm :eeps:

·
Registered
853 Posts
I went from the Bridgestones to the PS2's. I love them! Very little tramlining. Very good wet weather traction. Quiet, excellent traction.

But, they are expensive.

I am considering an alternative to the PS2's this time around. I'm getting close to the wear bars on the rears. I'll be due at about 35k miles for my 3rd set of rear tires.

Biggest downside is that they are expensive. Ugh.

Johnny

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
johnnygraphic said:
I went from the Bridgestones to the PS2's. I love them! Very little tramlining. Very good wet weather traction. Quiet, excellent traction.

But, they are expensive.

I am considering an alternative to the PS2's this time around. I'm getting close to the wear bars on the rears. I'll be due at about 35k miles for my 3rd set of rear tires.

Biggest downside is that they are expensive. Ugh.

Johnny
Well, both the Michelin PS and PS2's run about the same (the rears in the PS2's being slightly more expensive). I'm looking at $1,000 for the tires and installation.

Expensive? Yes, but I knew what I was getting to when I chose my 330i ZHP.

·
Registered
45 Posts
thanks man

Eduardo said:

Great thread! The next time I need tyres I will have a more subjective idea of where I want my cash to go... :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
PS2s are gerat tires. I put them on my E36 M3 and thought they were the best tires I had experienced to date. They were not only excellent in the dry, but inspired a lot of confidence in the rain as well. And they were lighter than the S03s (which improved handling as well) and don't tramline like the original Pilot Sports.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts