Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am looking for an advice and recommendations for Run Flat Tires on my F10 535i. Soon I should need to replace my tires and prefer to go to Discount Tire Store. My car is with four tires with equal size 245/45/15 and they don't have too many choices, but the above mentioned are pretty close with price. Bridgestone is coming with 50k miles warranty and Michelin 30k warranty and cost little more like $ 15-20 per tire. The car came with Pireli Cinturato, but I am not a fan of them. So I would like to hear your opinion, mostly I am driving the car on summer conditions sometimes there is hardly raining, but never snowing.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Hi guys,

I am looking for an advice and recommendations for Run Flat Tires on my F10 535i. Soon I should need to replace my tires and prefer to go to Discount Tire Store. My car is with four tires with equal size 245/45/15 and they don't have too many choices, but the above mentioned are pretty close with price. Bridgestone is coming with 50k miles warranty and Michelin 30k warranty and cost little more like $ 15-20 per tire. The car came with Pireli Cinturato, but I am not a fan of them. So I would like to hear your opinion, mostly I am driving the car on summer conditions sometimes there is hardly raining, but never snowing.

I have the 245/45/18 Driveguard's on our 2012 535i. IIRC they were just under $900 with the promotion Costco was running (I'll NEVER go to Discount again!). I couldn't be happier with my choice. Quiet, smooth and handle well on our base 535.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Hi guys,

I have the Driveguards and I'm very happy with them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys,

I would go with Michelin the value proposition of the difference in price is not there if you have issues with driveguard as many people have Image1546709838.278069.jpg Image1546709853.554707.jpg IMG_0013.jpg Image1546709878.846612.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
3,809 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I'm on my second set of CONTINENTAL CONTIPROCONTACT SSR 245/45/18 RFT's that are OEM and came with the car. Very pleased with them. Had the first set until they were worn down and I hit a 4x4 plank that ejected from an 18 wheeler at 70 mph. The right front tire blew out after hitting the plank and was able to travel to my work and later to the tire dealer with no air in the tire. No damage to the wheels (miracle?) and got much further than the 50 miles at 50 mph with the tire flat (I went over 120 miles at 40 mph very carefully).

The Conti's are third generation RFT tech and make all the good compromises in an all-season touring high performance tire.

PL

·
Registered
905 Posts
yes the conti is a good tire,
they last 22-25k for 1100 a set
no thank you

my second set of drive guards, 50-55k out each set and they ride great , great in rain, good with handling.
not as good in handling as ssr.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
yes the conti is a good tire,
they last 22-25k for 1100 a set
no thank you

my second set of drive guards, 50-55k out each set and they ride great , great in rain, good with handling.
not as good in handling as ssr.
My first set lasted over 45,000 miles, the last 3,000 or so miles they were a bit stiff, hydroplaned a little, but handled better than new.

I find RFT's to be very sensitive to tire pressure, with slight over-inflation creating a better longevity and ride.

PL

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
There are many more, the point to risk management just in case there is an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One very important thing to take into consideration is the type of vehicle. A FWD minivan will react totally different to a set of tires than a RWD sedan and a truck totally different than a FWD compact car. Also, most satisfied people don't leave a review; only dissatisfied people.

From what I've read here, the Driveguard's have excellent reviews.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the same model. I bought the Bridgestone Driveguards. It had the Goodyear Eagle RFTs. They were lousy; terrible road noise, tread wear life was terrible and not so great traction. The drive guards are 100% opposite. I haven***8217;t driven on the Michelin***8217;s so I can***8217;t speak to those. I can say RFTs or not I***8217;ve always had good luck with driveguards.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts