BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
No HPFP problems yet!
466 Posts
No kidding? I'm not aware of BMW advertising the 08 E92s with other than Bridgestone RFTs. Let us know how they feel and perform.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Apparently, BMW has come to their senses!
Here is a pic of my ’08 335i coupe ZSP w/Michelins during ED

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
My new 2008 328i coupe with sports package came with Michelin's , how bout that..
Mine did too, Dec 07 delivery. Great tires for RFT. Better than Bridgestone RFT which I had on a Lexus SC430 3 yrs ago
They perform better than expected..a little harsh but not as harsh as my Porsche 997 with Michelin 19's (no RFT). I know..you cannot really compare the two cars.
Well worth the safety/security..especially in South Florida:thumbup:

·
Skjoni's Dad
1,733 Posts
do E90's get Michelins too?

·
No HPFP problems yet!
466 Posts
19"

My car's a 08 model (Nov 07) build as well and it came with the Bridgestones. Can't believe I missed them by a month! Did they put Michelins on the 19" wheels only or they on the 18s as well. I know you all said w/ZSP.

·
Squeal like a BMW
6,604 Posts
Pictures are great but opinions of ride quality, noise would be even better.

·
Registered
942 Posts
some are coming with bridgestone...some are coming with michelins...

now that pirelli has the new P-Zero with run flat technology i wouldn't be overly shocked to see some come with these.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I've had my E92 for two weeks now. I was surprised that it came with Michelin's as well. Pilot Sports, I believe.

I have no complaints about noise or ride quality. So far, so good. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Pictures are great but opinions of ride quality, noise would be even better.
It is still too early to tell. I just took redelivery a few weeks ago and have less than 1,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
My car's a 08 model (Nov 07) build as well and it came with the Bridgestones. Can't believe I missed them by a month! Did they put Michelins on the 19" wheels only or they on the 18s as well. I know you all said w/ZSP.
I have the 18s.
A buddy of mine had a similar build date but got Bridgestones on his 19s

·
Registered
168 Posts
WOW... now i'm excited... expecting my 328i coupe with sports package to arrive in a few weeks... i hope i get the pilots as well!!!

·
No HPFP problems yet!
466 Posts
I had pilots on my last car (G35C) and I loved them. They weren't RFTs but Mich pilots are great performers. I imagine their RFTs will be very good as well.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yes.. If you're lucky.. I think the Michelin's are the backup tires when they are out of the Bridgestones

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
does anyone have any idea how good / bad Goodyear NCT EMT Runflat tyres like

as I am getting a set this weekend (moving from non Runflat 19" to Runflat 18")

Thanks heaps

·
909 Posts
Ok, let's clarify the confusion - You will only have a chance of getting the Michelin (PS2) when you have an 18" wheel. I'm not too sure about the 19s since there are not too many out there and all of them I've seen are with Bridgestone RE050A. So it only applies to those models that have the 18" wheel package. In other words, the 328i sedan (E90) will not get the Michelins but the 335i sedan (E90) might have a chance of getting the PS2s with the Sport package. So far, there are only a small quantity of Michelins around. You have a much higher chance of getting the Bridgestone RE050A.

For the 16" or 17" wheels (as in the E90 328i), there are random mixes of brand you will get such as the Bridgestone Turanza, Goodyear NCT, Continental SSR, etc. And they are night and day difference compared to the Michelin PS2 (all season vs max performance).

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 335i came with the Bridgestones (18" staggered sport pkg). At about 15k miles I replaced them with the Michelin PS2 runflats. The michelins are FAR superior in ride, in fact hard to even notice that they are runflats at all. I will say, however, that the turn in/steering response of the bridgestones is slightly superior.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts