BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '05 525i. I got my new cell phone paired to the car last night with bluetooth and used it for the first time. It's very cool. However, when I called my wife she said my voice was really loud, even when I spoke quietly. Is there a way to adjust the mic level in the car? Is it a setting on my phone? Anyone else notice this?

If it helps, I have a Motorola RAZR V3c phone.

·
Registered
459 Posts
My telephone performance is very good also (750i with RAZR), so I speak normally while driving without directing my speech toward the mic. I am not sure there is a way to adjust speaking volume.
vz

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hoya Saxa said:
You could always have your wife turn down the volume on her handset ... :p
I thought of that - but then I called my office voicemail and left a message - and it is REALLY loud. I was surprised though there wasn't more road / wind noise either. I was on the highway going about 70 MPH when the call was made.

Overall, I LOVE the hands free calling. Very nice.

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
8,012 Posts
You could try driving around in a burkha - if nothing else, it would get you noticed. (Wonder if the Quran says anything about drag queens?)

In Wisconsin, a ski mask might be more in keeping with the local mileau - just remember to take it off before you go into the 7-eleven to pay for your gas.

·
Registered
7 Posts
dave154304 said:
I have an '05 525i. I got my new cell phone paired to the car last night with bluetooth and used it for the first time. It's very cool. However, when I called my wife she said my voice was really loud, even when I spoke quietly. Is there a way to adjust the mic level in the car? Is it a setting on my phone? Anyone else notice this?

If it helps, I have a Motorola RAZR V3c phone.
You should be able to use the volume knob on your stereo to change the volume during a call. Phone volume and stereo volume are both controlled from the knob - but changing one does not affect the other.

rgrds,
/z

1 - 6 of 6 Posts