Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with a mid March ED? I'm guessing most of the snow will be gone as long as we stay out of the higher elev mountains.

·
Vorsitzer
344 Posts
We picked up the first week of March in 2004, and it snowed lightly almost every day. We had a X3 so there was no problem, but to be safe we used Munich as a base for day trips. Out after breakfast, somewhere within 100 miles, lunch and then back to Munich for dinner each nite.

·
Leave gun. Take Canoli.
7,693 Posts
I'm hoping for the best since I'm going to be there Match 16th. :) The idea of my car acting like a hockey puck with the sport tires if it snows isn't too appealing!

·
Registered
209 Posts
You can do some searches here, there are several posts of March 2005 and 2004 deliveries, but as most will tell you it is just a crap shoot.

We are scheduled for end of March delivery, but I am still making a backup plan of travel via train, in case the Brenner pass is not looking so hot...

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Click my signature for our experience last year in March.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,687 Posts
I'm hoping for the best since I'm going to be there Match 16th. :) The idea of my car acting like a hockey puck with the sport tires if it snows isn't too appealing!
It doesn't have to snow.

Summer tires have no adhesion below 0°C and significantly less adhesion starting at 7°.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I picked up a 330cic in March in 2005. There was snow, but we had no problems driving anywhere (including through the Alps). Just keep an eye on the weather as you could have some snow or no snow at all. We found most roads to be cleared very quickly even if there was bad weather.

Enjoy the trip and don't worry too much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts