Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it might be early to know, but I figured I'd ask...

Has BMW announced any Mid-Year changes for the 2004 E46 Sedan (particularly the 325i)?

If not, when should we expect an official/unofficial announcement?

I am getting ready to place my ED order for a March delivey, but I am trying to decide whether waiting an extra month for MId-Year changes would be worth it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Here to Help
1,146 Posts
JFS said:

Has BMW announced any Mid-Year changes for the 2004 E46 Sedan (particularly the 325i)?

I am getting ready to place my ED order for a March delivey, but I am trying to decide whether waiting an extra month for MId-Year changes would be worth it.

Thanks in advance.

There hasn't been an announcement yet. Last year they made the announcement along with the price increase. We have the price increase information, but nothing on any planned changes.

Ted

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply Ted.

TedW said:
Last year they made the announcement along with the price increase. We have the price increase information, but nothing on any planned changes.

Ted
Was the last year's announcement made at around the same time as this year's price increase announcement?

·
Here to Help
1,146 Posts
JFS said:
Thanks for the quick reply Ted.

Was the last year's announcement made at around the same time as this year's price increase announcement?

Yeah, it was around the same time, but I think that was MY2001 with the addition of full maintenance and MY2002 with adding some standard options. I don't remember any mid year change of the MY2003's. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken. :dunno:

Ted

·
Registered
187 Posts
TedW said:
Yeah, it was around the same time, but I think that was MY2001 with the addition of full maintenance and MY2002 with adding some standard options. I don't remember any mid year change of the MY2003's. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken. :dunno:

Ted

For the sedans, starting with March production, a 6 speed was the standard transmission instead of the 5 speed on 3 liter models. Also, adaptive brakelights were added. The coupes got their facelift starting with March production and were 2004 MY cars.

·
Registered
131 Posts
TedW said:
I don't remember any mid year change of the MY2003's. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken. :dunno:
Rear middle headrest and DVD Nav?

·
Here to Help
1,146 Posts
AEC said:
For the sedans, starting with March production, a 6 speed was the standard transmission instead of the 5 speed on 3 liter models. Also, adaptive brakelights were added. The coupes got their facelift starting with March production and were 2004 MY cars.

Yep, that's right. Thanks for reminding me.

Ted

·
Registered
68 Posts
Anything more yet on MArch Production sedan changes? I'm in the same boat, about to order for late April ED....

thanks

·
Here to Help
1,146 Posts
kbs said:
Anything more yet on MArch Production sedan changes? I'm in the same boat, about to order for late April ED....

thanks

March allocations come out at the end of this month and I'm not aware of any changes.

Ted

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
JFS said:

Thanks in advance.
Minor changes to UK-market cars - and it's unlikely this will have any bearing on general production - include a third retracting seat belt and headrest in the rear. We also get a CD player as standard (after all these years). Also a couple more packages available, consisting of bits that already existed in the first place. But there are no wheel changes, colour changes, or mechanical changes - and this probably goes for the US too.

Oh, there is a price rise in March though :(.

·
Registered
68 Posts
andy_thomas said:
Oh, there is a price rise in March though :(.
Wasn't there just a price hike for January (1.2%?)

Anyone have more info on the Marchi hike? When does it go into effect?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'd be interested to know about this, too. I just ordered a new 2004 325i yesterday and would like to know when the price is set!

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
routesixtysixer said:
I'd be interested to know about this, too. I just ordered a new 2004 325i yesterday and would like to know when the price is set!
Price increase: There is no price increase coming, as far as I know. Prices in the US were increased on cars invoiced to the dealers after January 1. That should get us through the rest of MY04. If you didn't notice, andy_thomas is in the UK, and the price increase in March that he referred to is for the UK.

Option changes: From what I have read, there are no changes coming to the E46, with the exception of the ZHP package on the coupes. If changes were coming for March production, we'd know, as we're getting those allocations soon.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
SARAFIL said:
Price increase: There is no price increase coming, as far as I know. Prices in the US were increased on cars invoiced to the dealers after January 1. That should get us through the rest of MY04. If you didn't notice, andy_thomas is in the UK, and the price increase in March that he referred to is for the UK.

Option changes: From what I have read, there are no changes coming to the E46, with the exception of the ZHP package on the coupes. If changes were coming for March production, we'd know, as we're getting those allocations soon.
Whoops! Quite right - context was missing. Humblest apols.

Probably worried a few other folk too :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Still no word on changes, right? (I just read that March allocations came out, so I thought I'd check in on this again.) What about new colors? I remember that MysticBlue and SilverGray came out last March, yes?

just checking.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts