Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, I have a 2013 Audi A8L now, love it but it's getting long in the tooth. I had a 2011 750i that I enjoyed but needed change. It's time again for a "new" car - thinking of a 2016 750 xdrive with 34k miles on it but not sure how they are for maintenance, issues, etc. being the first year. Other option is a 2018 540 xdrive for the same money, less miles... but it's not a 750 obviously...

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was in the same boat: had a 2012 F01, then switched to an i3 and half a year ago returned with the g12. A 2016 lease return. Well, the lane keeping assist is flaky. Otherwise seems to be a decent vehicle, nothing interesting in the service history and all looks good so far in 10k I already put on it. So can't really speak to any deficiencies with the first year (obviously aside form the lane assist issue), my experience been positive so far.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. We***8217;ll see what my trade in value is...

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, I'm surprised no one has a 2016 MY. guessing everyone waited until later...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here’s my list of issues on a 2016 G12 with 24k miles:
1. Oil leak
2. Coolant leak at turbo
3. Coolant leak - cracked expansion tank
4. Faulty rear left sensor detecting ghost cars next to me
5. Passenger side faulty seat sensor forcing to buckle the seatbelt although no passenger in the seat (twice)
6. Loose suspension stiffening plate causing loose steering and noise from the left front
7. Multiple software updates due to intermittent HU resets
8. Outstanding issue with iPhone intermittently loosing BT connection

Besides the issues above, I like the car and will more then likely get a 2020 750 when my lease ends in 4 month.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
12,020 Posts
dlf what did u get? a 540?

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep! 2019 540iX with the M package - it's pretty damn fun. I miss the size a bit of the 750 but maybe next time around in 3 years.

·
MANAGING DIRECTOR, USA
6 Posts
2016 750i xDrive

I have my fully-loaded 2016 BMW 750i xDrive two yrs. this month. I bought it New, 2 months into 2017, getting a great deal. I have no one to impress, but myself, so a hot car with more money in my pocket.....WORKS FOR ME. After I pushed the Sport button whilst driving on the Taconic State Parkway, and getting thrown back into my seat, I nicknamed my car, “Da MONSTA”!!! I Love, Love, Love it!!!...Da MONSTA is Uber Plush, Immensely Spacious and a Mad Fast ride. Whoever billed this model as an, “Sports Limousine, got it exactly right!!! The only true downside, that I’ve experienced, is the OEM Pirelli Run-Flat tires, especially here, in my little Hometown, namely, Pothole City (NYC). My guy at Mavis hooked me up with the perfect Pirelli P - ZERO ALL SEASON tires to replace the OEM Perelli Run-Flats....Now, I have zero problems with tires.

I drive approx. 15,000 mi. per year, for business in NY, NJ & CT. I prefer Sunoco 93, and currently get 17.5 on average...mostly 16 City and 21-25 Highway.

This is my second BMW with the Black & Ivory Leather package....Unfortunately, Dye transfer from jeans/denim is a real problem. But the Ivory interior with Jatoba Brown Metallic finish is Beautiful. This is an issue that I am currently researching.

I hope this helps ya, Pal....Enjoy your new ride....God bless!!!

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I loved my 2011 750 but just couldn't own one with only a year or so warranty left, they get pricey to fix and extended warranties are expensive. but I also had an ivory interior on one of my BMWs - gorgeous but yes, denim transfer was a nightmare to keep clean.

·
6 RINGS
8,446 Posts
I have ivory interior and just sit on a small blanket.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
12,020 Posts
I like the new 5... Im on my 2nd class. w222 s550 in diamond white w amg package. hard to beat an s class. ;) long time! how u been?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Currently have 2014 750Li XDrive With about 68,000 miles. Still has warranty until September 1. But have decided that it***8217;s time to look at some 2017 - 750i
Looking to find another black one so perhaps I can make a deal with the dealer on. The car definitely has to be a CPO.
I have seen some of the 18 to 22,000 mile range. That would be my comfort level.
The big issue would be the difference in price between my car and the 2017.

I might also consider 2017 - 550.
What would you pay for a 750i with 20,000 miles.

Pay for a 2017 - 550.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts