BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SINGLE INSTALLATION FILE. ZERO CONFIG.

I have just finished spending the day creating an installation package that I think people will find very useful. The package takes all the guess work out of getting your computer ready for coding and diagnostics. It will be extremely useful for novices as well and basically is one single installation file that installs and sets up EVERYTHING.

What's installed:
- Inpa 5.0.6 (with English script files & Support for F-series)
- EDIABAS 7.3.0
- NCS Expert (with English menus and buttons, and NCS Dummy Profile pre-installed)
- NCS Dummy 4.0.1
- Tool32 4.0.3
- WinKFP 5.3.1
- Integrated SP-DATEN v53.3
- BMW Coding Tool v2.5.0 (for use as an alternative to NCS Dummy, or to update DATEN files as new ones become available)
- USB Drivers for cable

Why is this beneficial?
- One single installation will install ALL the programs needed for coding & diagnosis, will update the programs to show English menus, will set up NCSExpert with the correct NCSDummy profile, will automatically install USB Drivers, and comes integrated with SP-DATEN 53.3 (YES, Integrated!)
- All the latest versions of the programs in one neat install file
- No hunting or searching for SP-DATENs then struggling to import them
- SMALL file size. The entire package is only 170MB!! No need to download 15GB of DATEN files.
- System Environment PATH variables taken care of by the installer
- USB Driver included and automatically installed (and figured out if you need the 32 bit or 64 bit driver by itself)

The ONLY thing that users may need to do is reconfigure their COM port to be COM1 after the install, but a Readme file pops up after the install with simple instructions.

Hopefully this is not against the rules posting a link. If it is, feel free to contact me to have it removed.
DOWNLOAD

_a2_ _sl_

·
Registered
403 Posts
I've tested it and installs cleanly. You have to learn the program's though especially if your going to use WinkFP

·
Registered
403 Posts
I've tested the software and it installed cleanly but you need to learn how to use it especially Wink FP. Good Luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
I scanned it found no virus, but just in case installed it on a virtual machine, installed fine but for the size took a long time to install and bmw coder doesn't work for me it gives a missing .dll error on win 7 32bits

·
Registered
403 Posts
I had all the software before hand. I would like to learn wink FP but haven't had time yet. Mike did a great job writing the software for an easy install. I just passed it along. Also, I m not sure if I got it from this website or from anothet

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been using NCS Expert to code my 2006 E90 for 2 years with no problems. Just bought a 2012 E92 and have spent about 4 days trying to get it to work with no success. Tried 2 versions of EDIABAS, 2 versions of NCS, 3 versions of SP-Daten (including 53.3). Reinstalled about a million times.

Downloaded this installer and had it working in minutes. In 64bit Windows 10.

Nice one Mike!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Downloaded that thing, since my bmtechnic acted up and wanted new activation codes.
But I got FTDI CDM Driver error while installing, is that important?. I also have a problem with getting the usb port called com1 as described in the readmefile..

·
Registered
403 Posts
Sounds like you have a problem with your cable. You need to check to make sure your usb cable is set to com port 1. Depending on your operating system it could be set to com port 4.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks, found out, it was at com3. When you launch the ncs expert, isn´t it supposed to be in the wmware virtual machine? Do you have to start the virtual machine by itself first?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Sounds like you have a problem with your cable. You need to check to make sure your usb cable is set to com port 1. Depending on your operating system it could be set to com port 4.

·
Registered
403 Posts
No NCS expert should just start but I've only used it a few times. Go to bmwcoding.com and they can walk you through it. I use INPA mostly to check codes and reset them. I also used INPA to adjust my vanos and stopped smoke coming out during idle.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts