BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently someone recently hit my X1 in a parking lot causing some minor damage (paint for sure and possibly very minor damage on fender).

Would the general recommendation be to have a BMW shop take care of this or go with an insurance company suggestion (I haven't talked to my agent about it yet)?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't know who your Insurance carrier is but mine allows me to choose who I want to repair my vehicle, and in that case I would go with the best in my area, and always have made the decision based upon just that. The Best for the job

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess my ultimate question is, is there anything special/unique about the BMW paint process that I need to be concerned about?

If not, I've got a place I taken our vehicles to before for insurance covered body & paint work.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I guess my ultimate question is, is there anything special/unique about the BMW paint process that I need to be concerned about?

If not, I've got a place I taken our vehicles to before for insurance covered body & paint work.
I wouldn't think so; the Paint & Body Shops use a code to identify your particular paint color and do their thing from that point

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
I recommend you ask for recommendations from members of the local chapter of the BMW Car Club of America (BMWCCA). Google "BMWCCA #####" where "#####" is you zip code.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I recommend you ask for recommendations from members of the local chapter of the BMW Car Club of America (BMWCCA). Google "BMWCCA #####" where "#####" is you zip code.
Yep thought about that and did it a little while after posting here. Hopefully I'll get something, but there seems to be very little traffic on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts