1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bmw 320i e92
59 plate
54k on the clock.

Got a misfire cylinder 4, engine check light comes on cold start. Once car is running not light appears, changed the plugs around, still misfire cylinder 4. Changed coil packs around, still the same. Moved injector to different cylinder. The misfire followed. So sent injectors away to get cleaned. Injector 4 passed the test and other 3 were slightly leaking, But no error codes were found before injectors were cleaned. Started car tonight after fitting all injectors again, misfire cylinder 4!! Also getting oil pressure light coming on after doing 80+???
Took out the vanos intake and exhaust solenoid's, cleaned them too and put back in. Still same problem,
Maf sensor had been cleaned and put back in also about a year ago!
Just seem to be going round in circles here.

Was about to sell the car on just before these problems started, any information would help a lot.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Could be the other 3 that were leaky. Most likely gunna have to move them all again to see whats going on. Run a compression check on cylinder 4 also. Any other CEL?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be the other 3 that were leaky. Most likely gunna have to move them all again to see whats going on. Run a compression check on cylinder 4 also. Any other CEL?
Was only cylinder 4 misfire and this was before and after all 4 were cleaned and pressure tested at 3 bar.

None other CEL error codes

·
Registered
22 Posts
Was only cylinder 4 misfire and this was before and after all 4 were cleaned and pressure tested at 3 bar.

None other CEL error codes
yeah i would swap packs / spark plugs / injectors again and see if it moved again. Unfortunately have to redo the whole test. PM me after you've done it ill try to help you out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i would swap packs / spark plugs / injectors again and see if it moved again. Unfortunately have to redo the whole test. PM me after you've done it ill try to help you out.
Going to strip it all tomorrow and swap injectors again to see if fault follows!! Thank you. Pm tomorrow ***128077;***127996;

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Injectors had just been sent away and cleaned and everything was okay injector 4 passed and other 3 failed leak test with a slight leak. Tested at 5 bar supposedly!

So today I swapped injector 4 with 1 and problem followed the injector.

Is the injector faulty?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or could this be anything to do with the vanos? As I got the oil light back on again to after running it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts