BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A snap on diagnostic says it's the air and fuel mixture

My own diagnostics says it's a misfire in cylinder 4,
Moved injector to different cylinder. Misfire follows the injector, now sent away all injectors to get cleaned and reinstalled all 4 injectors. Boom misfire cylinder 4. I'm in the middle of trying to a latest version of INPA for Windows 10. Anyone knows of this would be a great help as I'm going to calibrate the injectors after then have been cleaned and check the codes are still matching. I've tried different things here from cleaning vanos solenoids, clean mass airflow, changed the throttle body as there was a tapping coming from it on idle. Same with the new one I put on to. So changed back! Checked hoses for vacuum leaks. None there.

This misfire only happens on a cold start. Once car is warmed up there is no misfire codes detected. Really starting to get annoying. Just keep going round in circles with it.

Should I change the injector although it passed the test when I got them cleaned?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

We must bear in mind: Cleaning an injector won't fix an issue unrelated to deposits. Bad piezos for instance. Replacement time, maybe.
Think I'm going to just buy another injector and see if this fixes the issue. First of all I'm going to try get a hold of INPA and check the codes ect and re code them. And take it from there.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
wow really going through some complex procedures! something simple might be checking spark?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts