Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car was running fine except for what I thought might be a leaky injector due to a slightly rough idle and non-oil smoke and a few error codes related to that. I took the injectors out and had them ultrasonically cleaned, replaced the filterbaskets and seals on the injectors, and had the injectors tested (I was there and witnessed the test, so they definitely work). (As a side note, quite a bit of the fuel in the injector rails leaked down onto the engine and totally missed my towel, just in case this could damage anything.) I reassembled everything and am having a misfire on multiple cylinders. I replaced the sparkplugs at the same time, but pulled a plug on one of the misfiring cylinders to make sure there was actually a spark mark on the plugs since they were brand new, which there was. I also unplugged the valvetronic, and the rough idle became less noticeable, but was still there...so my assumption is it's not the valvetronic. All the misfires are on the driver side of the engine...so I am stumped.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL THE HELP EVERYONE!!!

What doesn't work
1) Reseating or switching coils around
2) Using the old spark plugs
3) Disconnecting valvetronic

What I did that caused the issue:
1) Removed, cleaned, tested, and replaced the injectors (I did not recode them yet)
2) Replaced the sparkplugs

Here are the current symptoms:
1) Misfiring
2) Smoother idle at 1k, but will barely run when rpm reduces after starting, but will stay in a more runable state with valvetronic unplugged (although I doubt it's the issue)
3) If I depress the gas pedal when running, almost nothing happens...I have to feather it to increase RPM

Codes:
P0207 - Cylinder 7 Injector "A" Circuit
P0300 - Random misfire
P0305 - Cylinder 5 misfire
P0306 - Cylinder 6 misfire
P0307 - Cylinder 7 misfire
P0308 - Cylinder 8 misfire

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The injector code is fixed, it the clip wasn't attached all the way and it wiggled loose. All the other injectors are fixed. The issue however, remains.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts