BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, there's not too much of a point to this, but my weekend was pretty miserable regarding my car. :( I'm moving out of my dorms in a couple weeks, and this weekend I had time to go switch cars. I've got some big things so I drove back up to the Bay to take the minivan back down, and leave my baby with my dad. Sadly, my dad is not exactly as careful as I am.

On Sunday, around 9:30 we took the van to have some fluids and the water pump changed. I took my car to drive us back in, and parked on the passenger side of the van. Surely I'll be safe here....nope. My dad decided to get some stuff from the passenger side, and bumps the door too far. My jaw drops as the cover rattles to the ground and bounces around. All 4 plastic tabs broke off! Until I have time this summer to get a new one, it is being held on with marine-quality super glue.... :bawling:

My passenger side O2 module doesn't quite stay flush against the car, and I haven't had time to address this. I've just been super-careful to avoid any possible debris on the road. Well, within about 50 miles of him driving the car, he ran over a tire tread and said the CEL came on. I have no doubt my O2 sensor module is laying on the side of 880 right now....:(

Side note, I found out that the metal oxide windshield our 2000 Olds Silhouette minivan has absolutely KILLS my radar detector range. Any one here have experience with those vans and getting an RD to work well?

·
I'm a Highway Star
1,059 Posts
Hey, you didn't finish your story. Aren't you going to tell us what you're doing about your dad trashing your car? I mean, I know he's family, but you can't let someone get away with that. :nono::slap:

·
2003 540i - M Sport
1,895 Posts
Hey, you didn't finish your story. Aren't you going to tell us what you're doing about your dad trashing your car? I mean, I know he's family, but you can't let someone get away with that. :nono::slap:
its an oldsmobile he can't do anything more worse to the car than its already done to itself :)

as far as the radar detector trust me you won't be target in your minivan as much

i flew past a cop on the arizona/cali border on I-10 at approx 95mph at 6am a few yrs back in my dad's chrysler town and country

cop didn't even flinch :)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Hey Phantom, I've got a cool mod to hook you up with when we all meet up, (hopefully all soon), it's called "Super Glue", we will get those "tabs" fixed, get your O2 sensor back on.

This stuff is freaking cool, it can hold a guy's hard hat on while he holds onto it from hundreds of stories up.

Now let me take off to the 880 and look for that silly module.

·
2003 540i - M Sport
1,895 Posts
Hey Phantom, I've got a cool mod to hook you up with when we all meet up, (hopefully all soon), it's called "Super Glue", we will get those "tabs" fixed, get your O2 sensor back on.

This stuff is freaking cool, it can hold a guy's hard hat on while he holds onto it from hundreds of stories up.

Now let me take off to the 880 and look for that silly module.
are we still going to set something up for june 15th?

:)

meet/drive/lunch type of thing!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Ok, there's not too much of a point to this, but my weekend was pretty miserable regarding my car. :( I'm moving out of my dorms in a couple weeks, and this weekend I had time to go switch cars. I've got some big things so I drove back up to the Bay to take the minivan back down, and leave my baby with my dad. Sadly, my dad is not exactly as careful as I am.

On Sunday, around 9:30 we took the van to have some fluids and the water pump changed. I took my car to drive us back in, and parked on the passenger side of the van. Surely I'll be safe here....nope. My dad decided to get some stuff from the passenger side, and bumps the door too far. My jaw drops as the cover rattles to the ground and bounces around. All 4 plastic tabs broke off! Until I have time this summer to get a new one, it is being held on with marine-quality super glue.... :bawling:

My passenger side O2 module doesn't quite stay flush against the car, and I haven't had time to address this. I've just been super-careful to avoid any possible debris on the road. Well, within about 50 miles of him driving the car, he ran over a tire tread and said the CEL came on. I have no doubt my O2 sensor module is laying on the side of 880 right now....:(

Side note, I found out that the metal oxide windshield our 2000 Olds Silhouette minivan has absolutely KILLS my radar detector range. Any one here have experience with those vans and getting an RD to work well?
Bummer...and it's your dad that did it! It'll be okay. If you didn't have too much stuff in SD, you could've stuffed it into the M! Goin down in 2 weeks as well with the SUV to pick up my daughter. Guys are supposed to have LESS stuff than girls! Move out is going to be a pain with the PGA down at Torre Pines. Don't worry, you'll have a few months to cherry out the M! :thumbup:

·
Registered
717 Posts
are we still going to set something up for june 15th?

:)

meet/drive/lunch type of thing!
June 15th is Father's Day, no? I'll be spending time with the family.

·
2003 540i - M Sport
1,895 Posts
June 15th is Father's Day, no? I'll be spending time with the family.
oh yea!

dang i gotta guilt my wife into buying me a good gift this yr since its my first father's day and she's going to LA with her sister and her cousins! :D

how about the 14th?

can we do sat morning instead?

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn. Didn't realize that. I'll be at my cousin's HS grad Sat 14 morning.

River, sarcasm noted. Thanks anyway. Super Glue already used on the mirror. ;) O2 sensor module may or may not even still be there, which is my main concern.

AW, lol.

Panipuri, I'm banking on that a little, but I don't see some bored cop out there passing up the particularly lucrative ticket I'll be providing. Fingers crossed...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Ooppss, I forgot about Father's Day weekend, probably not a good weekend for a meet up.

What about the following weekend???

·
2003 540i - M Sport
1,895 Posts
Ooppss, I forgot about Father's Day weekend, probably not a good weekend for a meet up.

What about the following weekend???
wanna setup a thread to get a feel for everyone who's in for the following sat morning?

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No worries. It was a pointless thread anyway. I just created it for the hell of it. Lol.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
i wanna see some updated pics of the car with new rims and whatever else you did to it. :) your signature is hopelessly out of date, sort it out will ya? :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts