BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2006 330xi for cheap to repair, underneath the car there is a wire cut.. wondering if anyone knows what it was or is for. The location of it is a little behind the tires, more on the passenger side than the drivers. There are pictures attached and thank you for any input!
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Tire Automotive design
Automotive tire Wood Twig Rim Tints and shades
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Rim Vehicle

·
Lost but making good time
3er + 3er + 4er = 10er, Bimmers?!
5,978 Posts
Have your catalytic converters been replaced by straight pipes? The location, number of wires, and the apparent absence of bungs in those pipes all suggest the cats and monitoring (downstream) oxygen sensors were removed. Although the photos don't show enough context to be certain, it appears the lazy twit responsible simply cut the downstream sensor leads, rather than unplug them up at the engine.

·
Registered
E93 335i, somewhat mod <> Fog City, CA
2,789 Posts
I bought a 2006 330xi for cheap to repair, underneath the car there is a wire cut.. wondering if anyone knows what it was or is for. The location of it is a little behind the tires, more on the passenger side than the drivers. There are pictures attached and thank you for any input!

Hmmmm. . What's your OBDII say?

That's quite a chop job - what exactly is circled here?

Hood Black Automotive lighting Fender Bumper

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmm. . What's your OBDII say?

That's quite a chop job - what exactly is circled here?

View attachment 1043528

all of the obd codes will be attached. 3,4, and 5 all say the o2 sensor is missing.. suggesting no cats? I will jack up the car today and look closer as to anything missing. Pictures I took from above looks as there still may be cats, will attach those as well, even though they are not very clear as well. I apologize for taking long to get back to the forum as i trusted the first response 😅 but thank you for the help everyone!
Gadget Font Rectangle Display device Electronic device

Rectangle Font Gadget World Display device

Gadget Rectangle Font Display device Mobile device

Font Rectangle Technology Display device Space

Gadget Font Mobile device Communication Device Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Tread

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Tread Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Tread
Gadget Font Mobile device Communication Device Automotive lighting
Rectangle Font Gadget World Display device
Gadget Rectangle Font Display device Mobile device
Gadget Font Rectangle Display device Electronic device
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Tread Automotive lighting
Font Rectangle Technology Display device Space

·
Registered
2009 BMW 328Xi
105 Posts
I feel confident saying those are your o2 sensor wires for the headers. Those wires run behind the engine on top of the transmission bellhousing and connect to 2 connectors behind the intake manifold. See if the other end of the connectors are there. They should come out of that black box of wires that is connected to the bottom of your intake manifold. they should come out of the front side of that box. If you need new connectors, I have a spare connector box for a N52 that ill get rid of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts