BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey

Its been awhile since I've had a problem with my E36. Recently I took it in for service and because it was missing and it also needed a tune-up but when I got my car back about three days later it started missing backfires, bogs down when you excelerate and runs real bad. like the converter is block. Do you have any suggestions or insights that may help me to get my E36 running. My mechanic is out of the country on vacation and I can't would like to wait for him to return but that not possible at this time. Help! Help

Tbull

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey

Its been awhile since I've had a problem with my E36. Recently I took it in for service and because it was missing and it also needed a tune-up but when I got my car back about three days later it started missing backfires, bogs down when you excelerate and runs real bad. like the converter is block. Do you have any suggestions or insights that may help me to get my E36 running. My mechanic is out of the country on vacation and I can't would like to wait for him to return but that not possible at this time. Help! Help

Tbull

·
Still here
12,188 Posts
I vote O2 sensor or camshaft sensor assuming your fuel and air filter are ok. Could also be your MAS but i doubt it

Have you tried the pedal trick to pull your codes? This may tell you straight away what is wrong :)

To run through the 4-digit code data on your car, put the key in the ignition and turn to the 2nd position, where all the cluster lights come on. Within a second, tap the accelerator pedal (fully) 5 times in rapid succession (total time about 3 seconds). The check-engine light will flash once and then turn off. It will then flash a certain number of times, turn off, flash another number of times and then do it twice more. If there are other codes it will then flash these. For example.... "flash... flashflash... flash... flashflashflash" would be a code of 1213 (whatever that is). If your car is telling you certain codes, you can crossreference these codes online and see if they mean anything's wrong. You will need to know the exact year and engine in your car when you search for a code list, as they differ by engine.

·
Spitfire
609 Posts
That's just like magic man!! youre car form 1992 !!!!!! Tell's you whats wrong with her !!
God Damn it I love Bimmers!!

·
BMW FETISH!!!
5,405 Posts
pete, ive seen u mention that pedal trick way too many times, maybe u should add it too ya signature:thumbup::rofl:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sorry, will stop....
I was just thinking the opposite, hoping you keep it up! :)Because one of these days I'm probably going to need to know about something like this and even though it seems that you've mentioned it on here before (this is the first time I've noticed) , I'll probably forget some of the details by then. So keep right on explaining all the little ins and outs of Bimmers to those of us who are just "amateur" enthusiasts.

·
BMW FETISH!!!
5,405 Posts
yeah pete is awsome. His a pro when it comes to stuff like this.
Did u end up getting moderator pete?
If not im going to start an online protest! and im sure all the e36 guys would back me up on it ;)
Sign a buetition(how ever its spelt)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts