BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all e39 fellos and experts.

I have 2001 x5

I fianlly got my car started after being a victom of "My car wont start after...." scene ..
Took me about 4 weeks to figure out and was very pain full to watch this x5 sitting on my garage not runing:(

So finally brok one or two pieces of parts after replacing my head gasket, vanos rebuilt, fuel line to vanos and bloody spark plugs.replaced... My car started FINALLY!

BUT! I found one piece of (seems to be a hard plastic vaccumline ) found near deep stick ! I can never figure out where it is going in and cant re assamble my car until i get the figured out :'(

So now ma car being started

1. Transmission light is on
2. This misterious vaccume tube line...
Its got a hook shape at the end and slight curved line at the other end . not too long about a length of a fist + foarm will post photo of it was soon i figure out how!

If any experts out there can help me out with photos it will def. Make my day and i will realy appreciate!!

I will post all headaches that i ven thru after i get all assambled!
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Post a picture

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got this working for pictures!!!!!! So 2 different angles same tube line hard plastic as u can see it is shorter than my couch length( front to back not side to side of the couch) if nayone can tell me wth this is from!!! Please it was standing near by deepstick!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Omg m i in the wrong section? I coundnt find e39 on x5 section only e39 i could find was here :( and where would this be located? If it is a front diff breather vent hose?

·
Nothing to read here...
2,694 Posts
Well the e39, e46, x and z series share the same 6cyl engines so we might provide some help.

Well the dipstick has a breather hose that connects to the ccv. It could be it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes Barracuz i remember seeing. Somekind of retaining bracket on dipstick tube ill take a look again and let you know it has to be near by since i found this tube near dip stick thank you for your info!!

·
Registered
12,368 Posts
Omg m i in the wrong section? I couldnt find e39 on x5 section only e39 i could find was here :( and where would this be located? If it is a front diff breather vent hose?
A 2001 X5 is an e53...not an e39...perhaps that's what may be adding to your confusion. The e39 models are ALL 5 series 4 door sedans & Tourings (wagons)...and in the USA & Canada the 528i/iT/525i/iT/530i/540i/iT were the models sold. The e53 X5 is an SAV (sport utility vehicle)...and the X5 3.0/X5 4.4/X5 4.6is/X5 4.8is were the models sold in North America.

And yes...you DO need to include the suffix X5 3.0 so that we know which engine you have. :)

This is an e39 sedan & Touring:

This is an e53 X5:

{Pre-Facelift (2000-03)}

{Facelift (2004-06)}

The e53 models have several "vent tubes" that are opened ended and don't connect to anything...and these vent tubes/pipes wouldn't apply to the e39 5 series sedans and wagons because they don't have front final drives (since the e39 isn't an AWD vehicles). The one from the front final drive is a common "scare" for owners that open the hood and see this "tube" not connected to anything.

{example below is the vent tube in my 2006 e53 X5 4.4}

Look real close at the part and see if you can determine the (full) 11 digit BMW part nbr (sometimes parts only have the last 7 digits). That way you can look up the part to see exactly what it is in one of the online part databases like www.realoem.com or www.bmwfans.info .

Again, make sure what you pictured isn't the front final drive's vent pipe (#1 in the diagram below)...which no e39 5 series sedan/Touring would have...its the X5 3.0's version of the vent pipe pictured above from my X5 4.4:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tried to look for part number but nothing i can find from internet. I tried all the numbers in the tube. And the tube line in the photo looks so much like the one that i have troble with!! Thank you Qsilver7!

·
Registered
12,368 Posts
:thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cooldemo did you find out anything about the transmission warning. After changing the alternator in my 2001 X5 3.0i, My transmission light is on and it downshifts like you've been rear-ended. Never had a problem with it until I changed the alternator.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi evertonfc
I still have to put everything back in my x5 since i am driving my honda for summer i was not in big rush to finish my x5.
For me my tranny light was not on before and i think it came on after i tried million things to get my car started (after all my tune up works i had trouble starting my car). So it my be or may not the same cause of yours. I have not test drove my x yet since i still have to put my cooling fan back on . but i will keep it posted! I hate to drive my car with any worning lights on!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My alternator guy cleared the codes; drove the car 100 yards, turned then engine off, started it, no transmission codes, and it drives normal. He used a snapon solus scanner, which is top end but maybe cheaper scanners will clear the codes too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts