BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just changed my Pirelli P7 Cinturato 225/55 R17 run flats for four Michelin CrossClimates. Total price fitted and balanced by a mobile van at my home was £594.80 (ordered from Blackcircles.Com).

When the guy was changing the tyres, I mentioned that the TPMS valves would need to be kept to operate with the new tyres. He told me that there was nothing like that fitted in my wheels and that on my model car the TPMS was inbuilt in the suspension system
- a flat tyre would show up as a loss in wheel height = low tyre pressure etc. He showed me a valve he had just removed from one of my wheel and it was a standard tyre valve.

When he left I reset my TPMS system on the iDrive and all has been well since.

Can anyone confirm that this is correct? I have had no faults or problems since this was done on 16 October 2017.

I will post an update on the new tyres once I give them a good test. So far - so good. CrossClimates rolling resistance = B Wet Braking = A Noise = 69db : Pirelli run flats rolling resistance = E Wet Braking = B Noise = 71db

They seem nice and quiet and are a better looking tyre - roll on the snow!!!! (But just enough for a quick test please).

My car is a 2010 BMW F10 528iSE 3Litre 6 cylinder normally aspirated. Production date 07/2010.

Peter

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi guys.

I think I may have found the answer. My car uses the ABS sensors at each wheel to note any rotational difference in each wheel to determine any difference measured against the setting once you initialise the system from the iDrive.

Obvious - init:rolleyes:

On my 'other BMW' A 2008 BMW R1200GSA the batteries have gone flat in the sensors in both wheels - meaning wheels out, tyres off, TPM sensors cut open, new batteries inserted, re-seal the tpms, refit the tyres, re-balance the wheels, refit the wheels, clean the bike, re-set the computer, and its all done. I have had the bike since new, so I suppose it's not too bad?

Cheers all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts