BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i bought this gforcechip for my 98 m3.... does any1 have an engine pic of 3.2 l6 showing where the iat sensor is located? the chip wires in2 the iat sensor thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its called a gforcechip from gforcechip.com it looks like a mini ecu... it taps in2 the intake air temp sensor. there r utube videos of other cars with these chip inc. m3s like mine

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Send it back. Its not a chip. Wanna know what it is? A resistor packaged to look like a chip. You can get the same thing from Radio Shack for $0.39. All it does it mess with the readings obtained by the sensors and forces your car.to make the wrong AFR which gives you a slight feeling of more power, but overall really doesn't do what it advertises and isn't the best for your engine.

What you want is a Shark Injector or Dinan tune.

Sent from my Droid using Bimmer App

·
OEM Hoe....
1,828 Posts
im sure this isnt an amazing upgrade but id like 2try it out b4 i shoot it out the window. it made my friends sti quicker
Do it.

An experiment like this can only increase the value of correctly modded and stock M3's -- good for me, in other words.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
guys im not the gunea pig here, there r utube videos of bimmers and also other cars with this brand mod. lol well maybe some1 can send me a pic of their 3.2 l6 engine bay w the iat sensor highlighted... ill b sure 2let u guys know if it was wirth the 75 bones

·
I feed trolls
4,976 Posts
IAT sensor... Intake Air Temp sensor? Thatl be under the intake manifold behind the throttle body... Right by the ICV. Just dont lose the connector...I did that one time...and never found it :)

·
Please, call me Brian.
10,782 Posts
So let me get this straight:

1. You bought a "mod" with no prior research as to what it really is.
2. This "mod" comes with no instructions.
3. You come here to ask for install help, and you get good information telling you that its a complete waste of money.
4. You ignore advice, and claim a friend's STI was made quicker using this junk "mod".
5. You decide to plow ahead and give it a try.

Honestly, you dont need to know where to hook it up properly, just toss it in the engine bay and that'll give you the same amount of power, w/o really any risk of damaging your motor :thumbup:

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Again, if you utterly insist on putting ridiculous mods on your car, why don't you return it and buy a resistor at Radio Shack? Does the same stupid thing but doesn't cost $75. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Droid using Bimmer App

·
I feed trolls
4,976 Posts
Ryan.... said:
What did your research tell you?
license2chill said:
basically what e36 phantom said... except it gave my friends sti 35hp on the dyno
:rolleyes:

You need to read this, go to this website, and try using this search engine next time. And just because it gave an STI 35hp doesnt mean it will do jack for a BMW. The engines are so far apart in design, there just is no comparison. One is an inline 6 NA RWD, the other is an laterally mounted four banger that relies on a turbo and AWD. One is a refined driving machine, the other is a rally car with a half decent interior. BIG difference

·
Registered
53 Posts
Omg... :flame: 'nuff said...

1 - 20 of 295 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.