BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how far you could push the envelope as far as mods go on a leased vehicle. I know there are definitely certain things that you cannot do without being penalized. Here are some things I assume you cannot do....

Any kind of body kit, lowering, engine work, obviously exterior paint.

I have a lease and want to mod my car so I was just wondering what I can and definitely cannot do. So far I will be ordering new wheels, spoiler (hopefully I can do this but I dont really care), tints, angel iBrights.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I was just wondering how far you could push the envelope as far as mods go on a leased vehicle. I know there are definitely certain things that you cannot do without being penalized. Here are some things I assume you cannot do....

Any kind of body kit, lowering, engine work, obviously exterior paint.

I have a lease and want to mod my car so I was just wondering what I can and definitely cannot do. So far I will be ordering new wheels, spoiler (hopefully I can do this but I dont really care), tints, angel iBrights.
Wheels aren't a problem. Don't know about lowering. I think the spoiler may be problematic. The biggest issue with the lease is any mods will not be reflected in the risidual so you will eat the cost of the mods, unless you can de-mod and re-use on another car or sell the parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts