BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was thinking about modding my 97 528.. i was planning to take the chrome off the side and the windows and getting in professionally painted black.. im on 17" BBS right now and was going to ether A. get those professionally painted black or B. get some new black rims if i paint the side and the window, or just get some black rims with a chrome lip.. also i wanted to get some Angel eyes.. i don't know what kind yet. and then finish it off with a M5 style bumper.. here is a pic of my bmw.. please feel free to comment and to give me advise as to what to do and what not to do.. thnx everyone

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l166/whomirza/?action=view&current=Picture017.jpg

·
Registered
559 Posts
What gets done or not done is totally a personal decision. I like it just the way it is. I like to keep things original. You, obviously want to change it.
Asking members what they think is opening yourself up to many different decisions and opinions. I hope you're ready! What really matters is what you like. The ultimate decision is yours.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i agree with you 100%.. but i don't know if what im doing would look good or bad at the end, there are alot of people that know about bmw's more then me and a lot have probably done modds.. i would just like a little bit of advise.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Gotcha!
Looking at some of the cars which have been modded, it kind of scares me to see what people consider attractive. Many of these cars have been cheapened and pimped out.
Good luck to you.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Actually those BBSs look sweet. I like your car. I would be concerned about the way you park and the M5 bumper interfering with one another.

·
Retired Hotness!
921 Posts
I am with everyone that has posted so far....

If you are going to do a headlight mod, do it for the right reasons. Light Output should be your priority; not how good they look in the day time (Though that is a bonus)..... And never forget that the idea behind modding a car is to personalize it to your liking, not the next mans...

Your wheels look good from what I can see, so that part is done. I cannot tell from the angle of the pic, but is it lowered, looks like it is, but it alo does not (Don't worry, I confused myself as well).

If you are on a tight, or even a low budget, start off small and also with things you know you will def be happy with. Ebay can be a blessing or even a CURSE, so make certain you know what you are buying b4 you hit "BUY IT NOW" button. I went 6 months with some headlights i hated from Ebay....

You can honestly get a decent set of headlights with AE's at a fairly good price these days. That also depends on what you expect from them. I got a set of inexpensive Headlights from EBAY with AE's and they have been working fine. I had to buy one of those EBAY HID setups in order to have usable light at nite, but for $300 I think the output was great. You could always spend more and get better results.

This is totally up to you, so take everyones opinions lightly, because none of them will have to pay for or live with your purchases..... You will be on your own.... So make sure you do what is right for you.....

RESEARCH, and SEARCH are your best tools for modding satisfaction..... If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask, but if you ask b4 searching, be ready for the gallery to give you a hard time... It is nothing personal, it just makes them feel special...

Have fun... And pay close attentin to that temp needle...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i mean i park like that because i know i can lol... i can park a diffrent way if needed or just not as close

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh iv done alot of research.. iv seen people mod there 540's and M5's.. hey i got the same body as they do why not try something.. just not as much power :X .. thnx for the posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts