Bimmerfest BMW banner

4281 - 4298 of 4298 Posts

·
Registered
12,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,281
If it's accurate and he doesn't disagree, how is it an insult?
In today's prevailing wind of polarized antagonism, an overarching theme is win/lose, right/wrong, etc, etc.

In reality, the truth is a lot more than win/lose, right/wrong, and agree/disagree can be just unless fluff and distracting noise in the search for truth.

So one useful strategy is just to not respond. :bigpimp:

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
In today's prevailing wind of polarized antagonism, an overarching theme is win/lose, right/wrong, etc, etc.

In reality, the truth is a lot more than win/lose, right/wrong, and agree/disagree can be just unless fluff and distracting noise in the search for truth.

So one useful strategy is just to not respond. :bigpimp:
Well said.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
It would be nice to just talk about cars without all the insults and with responses to what is actually posted, but acoste has made it clear for a very long time in this thread that he is not interested in engaging in such a discussion. He just comes here to Tesla bash and play games. It does get somewhat old.
It is you who started insulting me in this conversation where even though you have no clue about EPA tests you contradicted me. Most laughable was when you said raw numbers are dumb. Shows clearly you have no clue, yet attacked me. Read back your posts.
Further responses where the same. Attacked my posts about rolling resistance. I learnt about the subject. You did nothing.

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13421437&postcount=4227

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13421695&postcount=4231

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
It is you who started insulting me in this conversation where even though you have no clue about EPA tests you contradicted me. Most laughable was when you said raw numbers are dumb. Shows clearly you have no clue, yet attacked me. Read back your posts.
Further responses where the same. Attacked my posts about rolling resistance. I learnt about the subject. You did nothing.

Jason got attacked the same way by Musketeers

Who is the troll here?

Attachments

·
Driver
2,763 Posts

That is utter BS in every regard, and I've wasted enough time responding to your rubbish. Have a nice day. :)

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,605 Posts
This is perhaps the most uncivil thread in the history of Bimmerfest. Even worse, it's boring AF: a couple of Cro-Magnons bashing themselves over the head with the same Woolly Mammoth femurs over, and over, and over again.

You guys clearly have an intense dislike of each other. And that's okay. But why subject the rest of the BM members to your unimaginative, repetitive, passive aggressive nonsense? Do you not realize neither one of you is going to bend the other to your position? Do you have nothing better to do with your time but waste it quarrelling like a couple of 3-year-olds? If you're going to be D-bags, emulate boltjames and at least put some wit into your ripostes. How many times are you going to say "your mother wears Army boots?" and"I know you are but what am I?". There's a reason BF allows you to ignore a member. Press the damn button and put the rest of us out of our misery!

·
Swedish Murder Machine
4,387 Posts
Getting back on topic with this thread.

Q2 2020 sales #s are available.

Tesla sold 30,000 Model 3s in Q2 2020, BMW sold 20,000 2/3/4/5/6/7 series sedans the same quarter.

So, Tesla sold 50% more of just Model 3 than BMW sold of all sedan models in the same quarter. This is with tax incentives gone in nearly all markets.

So yes, I think we can definitely state that Model 3 is not only the 3 series killer, but the BMW sedan killer.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Getting back on topic with this thread.

Q2 2020 sales #s are available.

Tesla sold 30,000 Model 3s in Q2 2020, BMW sold 20,000 2/3/4/5/6/7 series sedans the same quarter.

So, Tesla sold 50% more of just Model 3 than BMW sold of all sedan models in the same quarter. This is with tax incentives gone in nearly all markets.

So yes, I think we can definitely state that Model 3 is not only the 3 series killer, but the BMW sedan killer.
In my personal experience it most certainly is (and I own both BMW sedan and a Tesla Model 3 right now).
I have to say though - my perfect car will have Tesla drivetrain/batteries and self-driving tech (and maybe phone lock, garage etc) - and everything else designed by BMW (interior design, creature comforts, HUD, etc. etc.) :)

·
Registered
12,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,289
In my personal experience it most certainly is (and I own both BMW sedan and a Tesla Model 3 right now).
I have to say though - my perfect car will have Tesla drivetrain/batteries and self-driving tech (and maybe phone lock, garage etc) - and everything else designed by BMW (interior design, creature comforts, HUD, etc. etc.) :)
Maybe BMW can acquire Tesla, or vice versa? :)

It will be of interest to see what the $25k Tesla sedan offering will be like, can it be just a Model 3 with lighter and denser and cheaper battery of 200+ miles of range? :unsure:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Maybe BMW can acquire Tesla, or vice versa? :)
At current market cap more likely Tesla to buy BMW ;)
Of course the market cap is crazy. I bought Tesla stock - watched it tripple, then sold it, then watched it tripple again - all in a bit over a year.

·
Registered
12,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,291
At current market cap more likely Tesla to buy BMW ;)
Of course the market cap is crazy. I bought Tesla stock - watched it tripple, then sold it, then watched it tripple again - all in a bit over a year.
Up to this point, the best product from Tesla is still TSLA:p

·
Registered
12,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,292
How likely can Tesla hit the $25k price target of an offering in 2-3 years as suggested by Musk?

The N20/N26 class action settlement appears to provide TC coverage till 2/2022, so my F30 is a keeper till then, so it will be great if the next gen Model 3 with cost-reduced battery is offered in first half 2022(not that interested in next gen FSD nor AP).

·
Registered
12,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,295

·
Registered
148 Posts
iX3 production just started, so deliveries to Europe should be around end of year or early next year. iX3 isn't coming to the US.

VW is of course going to get ID.4 deliveries in December or January, including in the US, where their First Edition has sold out on online preorders. Audi Q4 e-Tron is on a similar time frame, maybe a couple of months later.

Volvo RC Recharge has started production, again for early 2021 deliveries.

So BMW will be without a comparable BEV CUV for about a year, assuming iNext comes out during 2021 as planned.

Out here in CA, dealers are putting in a $10,000 dealer markup on the Toyota RAV4 Prime, the PHEV which has 40 miles AER.

This past week, Benz showed off camoflaged EQS and EQC BEVs, along with plans to start production of EQA CUVs soon.

·
Registered
12,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,297
Out here in CA, dealers are putting in a $10,000 dealer markup on the Toyota RAV4 Prime, the PHEV which has 40 miles AER.

This past week, Benz showed off camoflaged EQS and EQC BEVs, along with plans to start production of EQA CUVs soon.
G20 330e does have PHEV of 37 miles AER, right? So how can Toyota justify a $10k markup for 40 miles AER?

·
Registered
148 Posts
G20 330e does have PHEV of 37 miles AER, right? So how can Toyota justify a $10k markup for 40 miles AER?
Well it's the dealers trying to get that. When the Prius first came out, there were huge dealer markups then as well, especially in CA.

Toyota is allocating only 5000 for this year. So dealers are demanding it.

Reviews say the thing flies, 0-60 in 5.6 seconds. But it doesn't corner too well.

4281 - 4298 of 4298 Posts