BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know when MY2015 pricing and option details will be released? I think I read somewhere here that production ends in late June for the 2014s, and you need to order 3 months in advance for ED.

I'm considering another ED this summer or fall, likely for an M235 with a 6 speed. I love the 335d, but after almost 4 years am looking for a third pedal (and missing the autobahn.)

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have read there will be a few mid-cycle changes to the 2 starting in July. I'm not sure if that means moving to a MY2015 or not. The one change that has apparently been confirmed is the switch of the all Oyster interior on the M235i to the Oyster/Black two tone like the no-line 228i has. Thank goodness! I'm wanting an EB with Oyster/Black M235i...so VERY glad for that change!

There was also something about a steering wheel change, but only for the 228i I think.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. It will be interesting to see if the price delta between 228 and M235 grows, as for the configuration I want the difference for MY2014 is only around $2000.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi all, I am looking to order a 228i in July.

Would it be best to wait for the 2015 MY?

I priced out the car on their website:

Sport Package
Orange paint
Premium Package
Tech Package
Light Package
Driver Assist
H/K Sound.

Would the 2015 be more expensive? And I am assuming there won't be much discounts on trying to get a 2014 since it's a custom order right? I've never done a custom order before.

·
Ich bin schneller
2,101 Posts
If you are looking to put in your order in July, model year 2015 production starts in July, so you will be getting a 2015 vehicle. No one yet knows what the differences will be. It is up to BMW.

I assume when you say order, you mean you are ordering a car during the month of July and not looking to take delivery of a car in July. Delivery would mean you ordered the car probably sometime in May (model year 2014).

Once production ends for the model year, you cannot custom order a 2014 or what have you. And I would look at a ballpark figure in terms of price regardless of what model year you want, negotiate up from whatever the invoice price happens to be for that model year.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have read there will be a few mid-cycle changes to the 2 starting in July. I'm not sure if that means moving to a MY2015 or not. The one change that has apparently been confirmed is the switch of the all Oyster interior on the M235i to the Oyster/Black two tone like the no-line 228i has. Thank goodness! I'm wanting an EB with Oyster/Black M235i...so VERY glad for that change!

There was also something about a steering wheel change, but only for the 228i I think.
I was unaware of this change, looks like I will be waiting myself. I was thinking of building a MY2014 EM Terra/Black Dakota Leather .

Full oyster is too much, oyster I agree. I have had terra before, I just need to see it in person or even in an HD image against EB. Makes me uncertain.

Tony

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was unaware of this change, looks like I will be waiting myself. I was thinking of building a MY2014 EM Terra/Black Dakota Leather .

Full oyster is too much, oyster I agree. I have had terra before, I just need to see it in person or even in an HD image against EB. Makes me uncertain.

Tony
Yeah, I'm kinda surprised no one on here has had their Terra interior car delivered yet! Still waiting for some good photos of EB/Terra just like you. I have Oyster/Black in my X1 and love it.

·
Smooth Roads & Tunes
319 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wow this forum is fantastic. Love that you guys are so on the ball with everything. I can honestly say that the promptness and enthusiasm you guys have are slowly winning me over from having an Audi to a BMW as my first car ever. 2 series leggo!!:)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thanks for the bump of this thread as I was wondering the same. I was more amazed that the OP posted the question in March, only about a month after dealers were receiving the 2014s. I was at the dealer today asking this very question. Of course they only said they don't have them yet. I don't have a problem with a small bump in price, but I'm more interested to know if they make anything standard (such as Blind spot monitoring or back up cams), or deleting or adding colors, or even bump in horsepower/torque.

Also wondering on what basis that ScottMZ3 figures there will be a change in the steering wheel and for what reason?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks for the bump of this thread as I was wondering the same. I was more amazed that the OP posted the question in March, only about a month after dealers were receiving the 2014s. I was at the dealer today asking this very question. Of course they only said they don't have them yet. I don't have a problem with a small bump in price, but I'm more interested to know if they make anything standard (such as Blind spot monitoring or back up cams), or deleting or adding colors, or even bump in horsepower/torque.

Also wondering on what basis that ScottMZ3 figures there will be a change in the steering wheel and for what reason?
I wouldn't expect such drastic changes. Backup camera will only be standard in 2018 when it's a mandatory (at least in CA idk if it's a Federal thing in the U.S).

Given that 2014 doesn't even have a package for blind spot assist, it's definitely not going to be a standard feature.

I am hoping they add a HUD to the tech package for 2015. That's the only thing that will make me kinda sad I ordered a 2014.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.